Visiting Brittany, St Malo, Dinan, Mt. St. MIchel - Accomodations Budget

Old September 12th, 2003, 10:01 PM
DH

Default Visiting Brittany, St Malo, Dinan, Mt. St. MIchel - Accomodations Budget

We recently returned from a visit of Brittany. We took a TGV from
Quimper where we were staying with friends to Rennes, where we rented
a car and drove to Dinan.

If you want to visit St. Malo, Mt. St. Michel and the coast, Cap
Frehel etc... I would recommend staying in Dinan, it is a small
historic town and we stayed in a hotel called Hotel de la Gare, tel:
02 96 39 04 57, a small 1 star hotel above a bar (not an American type
bar,a French bar, which is more like a coffee shop), right across the
street from the Train station there. We drove but we could park at
the train station as well as free parking on the street. It was run
by a nice couple and we paid only 40 euros for a room with a double
bed, and a single bed, as well as a bathroom with a shower, toilet and
sink.

From Dinan it is only about a 30 - 40 minute drive to any of the
places noted above. And Dinan itself is worth a visit as well.

We also stayed on the Mt. St. Michel which I would highly recommend to
anyone who wants to visit the Mt. We got to see the tide going out
and coming in the next morning from our room, at the Hotel DuGuesclin.
We paid I think it s 69 euros for this room, which also had a private
bathroom and shower. But it was definitely worth it since the closest
accomodation off of the Mount are in Pontorson which is about a 10
minute drive away.

In Rennes we stayed at the Hotel des Lices
http://www.hotel-des-lices.com/ right in the place des Lices which was
a nice place, a bit pricey as it is a higher rated hotel, I think
again it was 69 euros for 3 beds.

All the hotels we stayed in were very nice, clean and service was
good.

D Hogan