Ko Samui, Thailand -where to next?

Old December 6th, 2003, 06:32 PM
thomasjojo

Default Ko Samui, Thailand -where to next?

go to Krabi, too, its by Phi phi, and then South down the coast there.

OR go to Malaysia, and go back to Thailand after the new years eve, then the
weather will be better too.

..t

"Hallvard Tangeraas" wrote in message
om...
I need some suggestions....
I'm currently on a trip around the world and have so far been to Hong
Kong (which was GREAT!!! -spent 3 weeks there) a couple of days in
Beijing, 3 days in Bangkok, and just arrived in Ko Samui here in
southern Thailand yesterday.

I've booked 3 days at the place I'm staying, but might be longer if I
like it (today it's been really windy and I was dragged under by the
currents in teh water near the shore -not much fun, so I'll be waiting
till the winds stop, and the rest of the day it's been raining hard).

Anyway, I'm taking an outbound flight from Singapore on the 22nd of
December so I'll be in Sydney, Australia for Christmas. Until then I
have whatever time I need in Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore.
I was in Singapore for a week 10 years ago, so I don't need much time
there, but just been over the border to Malaysia and would like to see
more of that country. But just like with Thailand I don't know much
about that country, so any suggestions to where I could be going next,
before arriving in Singapore? I have about 3 weeks till I'll be
leaving Singapore.

Some nice beaches which aren't as touristy as here would be nice
(there are people asking you every 10 minutes if you want to buy
something from them: food, massages etc.) I would like something
secluded, something you see off travel brochures showing that
"tropical paradise" type of thing.

Hallvard

Old December 6th, 2003, 06:35 PM
thomasjojo

Some nice beaches which aren't as touristy as here would be nice
(there are people asking you every 10 minutes if you want to buy
something from them: food, massages etc.) I would like something
secluded, something you see off travel brochures showing that
"tropical paradise" type of thing.

Halvard,

North side, all the way on the north East edge of Koh Pangan, a very cheap
place, no hassle, nice beach. the beach was Baan Mae, if I dont remember
wrong. was there in August.

ha en fin tur!

200 baht a night (no aircon thou) but u dont need so.