Trenitalia Website

Old November 5th, 2003, 02:29 PM
Neil Gillis

Default Trenitalia Website

I'm having difficulty using the website to access timetable information
for trains between Rome and Perugia. Have entered names of stations in both
cities, but get an invalid response. Any suggestions on using htis site.

Thanking you in advance for your help.

Neil

Old November 5th, 2003, 02:47 PM
Ricky

"Neil Gillis" ha scritto nel messaggio
s.com...
I'm having difficulty using the website to access timetable

information
for trains between Rome and Perugia. Have entered names of stations in

both
cities, but get an invalid response. Any suggestions on using htis site.

Thanking you in advance for your help.

Neil

Me too I tried to enter both the names but the system worked...
Did you choose the departure/time date before entering data?
You must type Roma not Rome (this is the italian name)
Try again or let me know if you find any other trouble.
Ciao
risenis at hotmail dot com

Old November 5th, 2003, 03:23 PM
Phil Richards

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 14:29:25 GMT Neil Gillis said...

I'm having difficulty using the website to access timetable information
for trains between Rome and Perugia. Have entered names of stations in both
cities, but get an invalid response. Any suggestions on using htis site.

If you're looking for dates after 13 December, then IIRC they aren't
available yet. Try the German web site which is a lot better for timings
over most of Europe:

http://planundspar.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

--
Phil Richards
London

Old November 5th, 2003, 03:34 PM
Barbara Vaughan

Ricky wrote:

"Neil Gillis" ha scritto nel messaggio
s.com...
I'm having difficulty using the website to access timetable

information
for trains between Rome and Perugia. Have entered names of stations in

both
cities, but get an invalid response. Any suggestions on using htis site.

Thanking you in advance for your help.

Neil

Me too I tried to enter both the names but the system worked...
Did you choose the departure/time date before entering data?
You must type Roma not Rome (this is the italian name)

Actually, if you choose the English language option, you can use the
English names.

I tried just now, using the English language page, and got a message in
Italian saying that it was impossible to reach the server at present,
and to try again later.

Barbara

Old November 5th, 2003, 05:49 PM
Barbara Vaughan

Phil Richards wrote:

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 14:29:25 GMT Neil Gillis said...

I'm having difficulty using the website to access timetable information
for trains between Rome and Perugia. Have entered names of stations in both
cities, but get an invalid response. Any suggestions on using htis site.

If you're looking for dates after 13 December, then IIRC they aren't
available yet. Try the German web site which is a lot better for timings
over most of Europe:

http://planundspar.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

However, if the Italian system hasn't released the schedules for after
December 13th, how could the German site have them?

In general, I find the Italian site very good.

Barbara
Old November 5th, 2003, 05:50 PM
Ron Audet

"Ricky" wrote in message

"Neil Gillis" ha scritto nel messaggio
s.com...
I'm having difficulty using the website to access timetable

information
for trains between Rome and Perugia. Have entered names of stations in

both
cities, but get an invalid response. Any suggestions on using htis

site.

Thanking you in advance for your help.

Neil

Me too I tried to enter both the names but the system worked...
Did you choose the departure/time date before entering data?
You must type Roma not Rome (this is the italian name)
Try again or let me know if you find any other trouble.
Ciao
risenis at hotmail dot com

For several weeks now I have been unable to use this site. I get a message
to try again later.

You can get information on almost all trains in Europe through the Swiss
Federal Railway site. Use this link:
http://www.sbb.ch/pv/index_e.htm

Ron

Old November 6th, 2003, 09:00 AM
Giovanni Drogo

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Barbara Vaughan wrote:

However, if the Italian system hasn't released the schedules for after
December 13th, how could the German site have them?

I agree

In general, I find the Italian site very good.

I do not agree. Its interface is heavy, its connections are poor and
also the functions are arranged in an unfriendly way (or were, I do not
use it often). I prefer to use this very light interface to the German
site http://home.arcor.de/e.lauterbach/au...fplanx-en.html for a
query on any train in Europe (including going from Milano Lambrate to
Milano Greco Pirelli ... 5 minutes)

is a newsreading account used by more persons to

Old November 6th, 2003, 10:30 PM
Phil Richards

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 18:49:14 +0100 Barbara Vaughan
said...

However, if the Italian system hasn't released the schedules for after
December 13th, how could the German site have them?

The schedules have been finalised and Trenitalia would have supplied
Hafas (the "driving tool" behind the German site) the relevant data.
Presumably some bureaucratic decision at Trenitalia has lead them not
publish the timings on their own site.

--
Phil Richards
London

Old November 9th, 2003, 04:36 PM
sosna

Originally posted by Neil Gillis

I'm having difficulty using the website to access timetable
information

for trains between Rome and Perugia. Have entered names of
stations in both

cities, but get an invalid response. Any suggestions on using
htis site.

Thanking you in advance for your help.

Neil

well i think there is a litlle problem with the site these days
generally....why dont you try in bahn.de , there is english version...

Old November 9th, 2003, 06:06 PM
Ryan B

"sosna" wrote in message

Originally posted by Neil Gillis

I'm having difficulty using the website to access timetable
information

for trains between Rome and Perugia. Have entered names of
stations in both

cities, but get an invalid response. Any suggestions on using
htis site.

Thanking you in advance for your help.

Neil

Use the Italian language version and enter the Italian city names such as
Roma Termini to Perugia and it will work just fine. It's very easy to
understand with or without a knowledge of Italian.

Ryan