Disney Cruise in April

Old November 25th, 2004, 04:08 PM

might I be able to book
the cruise with a minimal count of short people running on board?

Ummmm....I have no experience with Disney, but I would find it hard to
conclude that there would ever be a time with few children on a cruise
line that bases its entire business model on appealing to families with
children.

fyi, we did a 4 nite Carnival at the very end of April last year...after
normal 'spring break' time....there were many, many young people and
children. Having said that, my experience has been that on most cruise
lines, you basically see no children unless the cruise line wants you
to...ie, in an entertainment program.

Old November 25th, 2004, 04:51 PM
Cathy Kearns

"Mitch" wrote in message
om...
Hey, it's my 50th birthday in April, and I plan to make a Disney
vacation out of it. After all, July is Disneyland's 50th birthday so
I'm starting the bash early for my 50th!
My plan for April is to book at week on-resort at WDW at one of our
favorite Disney properties, do the Parks and Petty Exprerience (Zoom
Zoom), then finish it off with a 3-day cruise on Disney Wonder,
probably April 21-24 (or start with the cruise April 14-17).
My question has to do with Spring Break and kids being out of school.
Will my mid-April or late-April dates work, might I be able to book
the cruise with a minimal count of short people running on board?
Cheers All!

Our school districts (Los Altos School District and Mountain View Los Altos
High School District) are out for Spring Break April 16th - 24th. Schools
that take a Winter break the week of president's day in Feb will likely have
Spring break in April.

Old November 26th, 2004, 05:27 PM
Cathy Kearns

"anon" wrote in message
news
Cathy Kearns wrote:
"Mitch" wrote in message
[...]

Interesting, both the elem and h.s. districts' calendars shows they take
off a whole week for President's day. I haven't seen that before. Due to
the income levels of Los Altos, I think this might be due to the ski
season around Tahoe. No so in Scotts Valley.

For decent air flights to Hawaii that week you need to make
reservations 6 months in advance. The resort we stay at is
full of families. I'm sure there are many school districts that take
that week off. (And it's been that way here for longer than the
10 years my kids have been in these schools.)

Though I'm puzzled about the income level statement. All
public schools in California are required to school for 180
days. Perhaps your school district prefer to start in September
instead of August or gets out early in June instead of staying
in school 'til late June? Summers are definitely shorter here
than I remember as a kid.

Old November 26th, 2004, 07:11 PM
Mitch

anon wrote in message .com...
Cathy Kearns wrote:
"Mitch" wrote in message
om...

Our school districts (Los Altos School District and Mountain View Los Altos
High School District) are out for Spring Break April 16th - 24th. Schools
that take a Winter break the week of president's day in Feb will likely have
Spring break in April.

Interesting, both the elem and h.s. districts' calendars shows they take
off a whole week for President's day. I haven't seen that before. Due to
the income levels of Los Altos, I think this might be due to the ski
season around Tahoe. No so in Scotts Valley.

Heck, Scotts Valley was denied entry into the HS football playoffs
even with a better record from the news I recall last week.
Just no luck there... (formerly from Felton)
Old November 26th, 2004, 07:46 PM
Linsifer

Yes, and I hear the rule by CCS has now been changed where other leagues cannot
manipulate things in their favor. I guess sometimes there has to be a precedent
set before a new by-law can go into effect. Unfortunately, SV was the guinea
pig in this case.

Lindsay

Old November 27th, 2004, 04:07 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Mitch wrote:
Hey, it's my 50th birthday in April, and I plan to make a Disney
vacation out of it. After all, July is Disneyland's 50th birthday so
I'm starting the bash early for my 50th!
My plan for April is to book at week on-resort at WDW at one of our
favorite Disney properties, do the Parks and Petty Exprerience (Zoom
Zoom), then finish it off with a 3-day cruise on Disney Wonder,
probably April 21-24 (or start with the cruise April 14-17).
My question has to do with Spring Break and kids being out of school.
Will my mid-April or late-April dates work, might I be able to book
the cruise with a minimal count of short people running on board?
Cheers All!

We sailed the Disney Magic to celebrate our 60th birthdays. That was
the year that the Magic was out of service for a week of cleaning due
to the NLV and a lot of people rebooked on our sailing. The week we
sailed, the end of jan, we had more kids then on a normal summertime
sailing. The only time we ever saw a lot of little kids was when we
were in the picture gallery and one time we wen to an afternoon show.
There are enough "adult only" areas, that you don't have to see the
kids, unless you want to. Also second seating for dinner would have
fewer kids.

sue