hilton boycott

Old June 8th, 2007, 11:57 AM posted to rec.travel.air
ant[_22_]

Default hilton boycott

Dave Witmarsh wrote:
On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 08:36:10 -0700, waldo
wrote:

Our board of directors voted this morning to book all business travel
for the company outside of Hilton branded establishments due to the
perception it did not reflect our social & ethical values. This
applies to all levels of staff & will affect some 5000+ person nights
of accomedation for the rest of this year. The vote was unanimous.

What a bunch of loony ****wits.

We must be impressed by how Moral they are.

People who insist on displaying morals so ostentatiously are often revealed
to have none themselves.

--
Don't try to reply to my email addy:
I'm borrowing that of the latest

Old June 8th, 2007, 04:09 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Frank F. Matthews

Comfortably at home unless the judge intervenes today.

LVTravel wrote:

Originally drunk driving but she's actually doing the time
now for violation of probation from the original charge.

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message

Per :

Before Paris went in

I'm probably the only one in the world that doesn't
know... but
what did they bust her for?
--
PeteCresswell

Old June 8th, 2007, 06:31 PM posted to rec.travel.air
A Guy Called Tyketto

Old June 8th, 2007, 06:32 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Mxsmanic

Jim Davis writes:

I assume this is about the Paris Hilton thing. Why are they doing
this now? Why didn't they do this when Paris Hilton's famous sex
tapes hit the internet?

Her sex tapes didn't demonstrate a justice system that works at different
speeds for different incomes.
Old June 8th, 2007, 08:10 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Mxsmanic

A Guy Called Tyketto writes:

Which he did. Ordered the wench to show up in court or expect
more time. Sent the Five-O to her house to get her as well.

I'm sure she'll find a way out of it. Rich people never have to go to jail.
Old June 8th, 2007, 08:11 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Mxsmanic

Jim Davis writes:

Very true, but the OP is stating "social & ethical values". I would
wonder that if it's about the justice system, why wouldn't they
boycott the government?

Those who endeavor to corrupt the government must share in the responsibility
for that corruption, just as thieves can only exist if there are people
dishonest enough to buy stolen goods.
Old June 8th, 2007, 09:01 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Nobody

Larry in AZ wrote:
The twit is ordered directly back to jail to serve the full 45 days.

Poor girl. Have some pity for her. My bet that she can't get HBO at the
special luxury cell at the Hollywood prison for the rich and famous, and
will develop a rash if she can't watch her favourtite TV programme.

Really think about it. How would you like to be named after a hotel ?
It's the parents that should be held responsible for her growing up like
this. It is a sick joke to name a kid after a hotel.

What if you are from the Hyatt family, and your parents named you
"Rotterdam Hyatt" ?

or

"Washington Willard"

or if you are from the Carlton family, do you think it would be fair to
name a kid "Ritz" ?

You have to admit though, it was a cleaver marketing ploy by the parents
to name kids after properties and then have the kids become famous and
see those names repeated over and over again in the media due to the
antics of the kids. But it has gotten out of hands though, if you look
for Paris Hilton on Google, none of the hits on the first page relate to
the hotel, so the publicy isn't that great.

But I found a nice title for her sex tape "A night in Paris" :-) :-)

Now, all that is left is for Paris Hilton to fall in love with Prince
Harry and watch the media go totally bezerk covering these two together.
Old June 8th, 2007, 09:08 PM posted to rec.travel.air
DevilsPGD

In message Mxsmanic
wrote:

Those who endeavor to corrupt the government must share in the responsibility
for that corruption, just as thieves can only exist if there are people
dishonest enough to buy stolen goods.

Or if the thieves just want the stolen goods, or run a complex enough
racket that the buyers don't know the good are stolen.

--
If quitters never win, and winners never quit,
what fool came up with, "Quit while you're ahead"?
Old June 8th, 2007, 10:35 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Mxsmanic

Larry in AZ writes:

The twit is ordered directly back to jail to serve the full 45 days.

I'll believe that when she has actually spent a full 45 days in jail.
Old June 8th, 2007, 10:49 PM posted to rec.travel.air
(PeteCresswell)

Per Mxsmanic:
Her sex tapes didn't demonstrate a justice system that works at different
speeds for different incomes.

And they don't wipe out entire innocent families like drunk
drivers do.
--
PeteCresswell