Accomodation recommendation for Germany

Old June 21st, 2011, 08:12 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Default Accomodation recommendation for Germany

Runge 128 wrote:

Why should I leave the gutter folk ?

We don't think you should.

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
www.davidhorne.net (email address on website)
Old June 22nd, 2011, 01:24 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Erilar

By the way, harking back to the subject line, if the OP is still around:
i've always used hrs.de to find rooms in or near Germany when I wasn't
using the DJH site.

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad
Old June 24th, 2011, 12:23 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jesper Lauridsen[_1_]

On 2011-06-20, Erick T. Barkhuis wrote:
Martin:

If you have a car I would recommend staying in one of the villages
outside Munich.

I would also recommend staying in a village just outside the big city,
but at the same time, I suggest to find a place near a bus stop, or an
S-Bahn station.
Public transport is the way to go, since you won't be searching for a
parking spot, and you'd be able to go out at night and have a drink
without worries about having to drive the car.

If you can't find one near a station, just drive to a Park & Ride facility.
Munich have a lot of those, and parking is just one euro per day.

I'm surprised the OP has trouble finding reasonably prices accomodation.
In my experience, Germany is one of the cheapest hotel countries in
Western Europe. Certainly cheaper than Italy, France and the UK. I use
hrs.de to find hotels.

Old June 24th, 2011, 06:24 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge 128

martin the old bore.

"Martin" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 20:12:56 +0100,
(David Horne,
_the_ chancellor (*)) wrote:

Runge 128 wrote:

Why should I leave the gutter folk ?

We don't think you should.

because it is where he belongs.
--

Martin

Old June 24th, 2011, 09:08 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Hatunen

On 2011-06-20, Erick T. Barkhuis wrote:
Martin:

If you have a car I would recommend staying in one of the villages
outside Munich.

I would also recommend staying in a village just outside the big city,
but at the same time, I suggest to find a place near a bus stop, or an
S-Bahn station.

Rick Steves points out that near any large and expensive city there will
be a Dullsdorf, a small town with a rail station, easy parking, and
inexpensive lodging.

Public transport is the way to go, since you won't be searching for a
parking spot, and you'd be able to go out at night and have a drink
without worries about having to drive the car.

If you can't find one near a station, just drive to a Park & Ride
facility. Munich have a lot of those, and parking is just one euro per
day.

Can you leave a car overnight in a park and Ride?

My experience in Munich is that there was hardly anywhere we wanted to go
that wasn't easily available by train, tram, bus or U-bahn. Even the
Zugspitze (a don't miss experience; we took the aerial cars up and the
cogwheel down).
--
Dave Hatunen, Tucson, Baja Arizona, out where the cacti grow
Old February 16th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Travmode Travmode is offline
Banned

[quote=Portlander;1025551]Hello fellow usenet users,

Our family of 4, 2 adults and 2 kids, is planning to travel to Germany
a couple of months from now. We are planning to stay for a couple of
weeks there. Mostly in Munich area.

You could try the Hotel Englisher Garten B&B by the park.
They have apartments in a separate building from the old style gastehof