Sharper Image auction misleading.

Old September 23rd, 2003, 01:49 PM
Joe

Default Sharper Image auction misleading.

Beware of the Sharper Image auction web aite. Even though the auction
item appears to be the same as what you might buy on the regular
Shaper Image web site, they leave out one important detail.

If you buy an Ionic Breeze on their web site, they include shipping.
They make the easy to see when you look at the item.

However, when you go to the Shaper Image Auction page, they omit
anything about shipping. This would not be a big deal unless you knew
that they already know that they are going to charge you shipping, and
do not say so, and they already know how much it will be because it is
based on item value. The last detail is that the Ionic Breeze will
cost you $23 for shipping when you get it through the auction site.
That great deal you thought you got, was not as great as you thought.
So while I won the auction for $340 on my Ionic Breeze, byt the time
it reaches my door, it will have cost me nearly $390 in taxes, and
shipping charges. Isn't an extra $50 something to be a little ****ed
about? I wrote them and told them that they mislead customers who
are shopping on both sites. If shipping terms are not the same, they
should make it very clear, just the way they make it clear when
shipping is free.

Joe