cheapest flights to Athens from Australia

Old October 27th, 2003, 12:00 PM
Deep Freud Moors

Default cheapest flights to Athens from Australia

twinkle_toes wrote in message
In your past experience, what is the cheapest way to fly to Athens from
Brisbane, Australia? i.e. is it better to go to London then get a separate
flight to Athens, to fly direct etc.? And who generally has teh cheapest
airfares?

The cheapest way is probably with Royal Brunei. They fly to Brisbane. It's a
no-alcohol airline, but ok in every other respect. They definitely fly out
of London and Dubai. I don't know about elsewhere...
---
DFM

Old October 28th, 2003, 12:53 PM
Jason

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 21:32:10 +1000, "twinkle_toes"
wrote:

In your past experience, what is the cheapest way to fly to Athens from
Brisbane, Australia? i.e. is it better to go to London then get a separate
flight to Athens, to fly direct etc.? And who generally has teh cheapest
airfares?

Generally the airlines with poor reputations are forced to offer
cheaper fare - and Olympic Airways fit the description.

On the other hand, London is the major European hub for flights to
Australia.

http://www.olympic-airways.gr/
"Athens, October 09, 2003 --The President and General Director of
OLYMPIC AIRWAYS Mr. Dionysis Kalofonos and the President and General
Director of Gulf Air, Mr. James Hogan gave a press conference today in
commemoration of the new code share agreement signed by both airlines
for the inauguration of daily flights to/from AUSTRALIA effective 23
November, 2003."

Cheers,

Jason.
Old October 29th, 2003, 07:36 PM
PJ O'Donovan

wrote:

[...]

Some years back (96- I think) flew from Atlanta to SFO(layover), to
HNL (layover) to Cairns (layover) to Brisbane and spent a week in
Noosa. Then flew
Alice Springs for a few days, then to Perth for a few days and decided
not to turn back for return because we were 1/2 way around. Went North
to Singapore for
a few days and then on to Athens. I wanted to break up that leg in
India but couldn't talk my wife into it. We then went from Athens
after a few days to London and layed over a night and then back to
Atlanta without turning around.
Airfare didn't seem to bad as I recall.

You might want to check to see if it makes sense to go to London.
London is at
the bottom of the list of my favorite places in the world anyhow.
Newark NJ
might be a little worse though. A toss-up IMO.