CELEBRITY SUMMIT

Old November 10th, 2004, 09:38 PM
0 O

Default CELEBRITY SUMMIT

Have booked SUMMIT dec 17th over Xmas -- New ship for us -- will
appreciate any comment and suggestions

Old November 10th, 2004, 10:56 PM
Tom & Linda

E-mail me (drop the "nospam" part of the reply to). I'll offer several
suggestions. And I've got lots of digital photos of sister ships Infinity
and Constellation.

--Tom

Old November 10th, 2004, 11:09 PM
James Gemmill

We've traveled the Summit and Infinity, sister ships. Excellent
service, entertainment, food, and excellent ships overall. Summit in
Alaska, and Infinity to and through the Panama canal.

Old November 10th, 2004, 11:35 PM
Mark M

Have booked SUMMIT dec 17th over Xmas -- New ship for us -- will
appreciate any comment and suggestions

My wife and I were on the Infinity, sister ship to the Summit, on her second
voyage to Alaska. Fantastic ship. One word, thallasotherapy whirlpool.
Mineraled water/jacuzzi type whirlpool where the bubbles start from below
and almost totally support you. It's like floating on air. Great workout
facilities as well if you're into that. Very cheap spa services so get a
massage if you can. Best food of any cruise we've been on with Princess a
close second. All around service was impeccable from everyone. Great library
and music CD collection as well.

Have fun!

Old November 11th, 2004, 12:05 PM
Larry Simon

We had a great time, some things we didn't find out until into the cruise:

1. Don't miss the martini sampler first night, small portions of several
martini's at a sampler price. We "discovered" martini's on this cruise and
have been martini addicts ever since!

2. For lunch & breakfast - check out the areas towards the back of the
Waterfall Cafe (lido) both on the sides and at the very extreme rear of the
ship (just inside and between the doors leading to the outside rear deck) as
there is sometimes nicer food than at the main buffet lines towards the
front of the cafe. Omelets & waffles in the morning and special hot & cold
sandwiches & pasta at lunch, pizza & sushi in the evening.

3. Also be sure to check out the wonder food served both buffet style and
cooked to order at the spa cafe just inside the area near the inside pool.
While themed light & "healthy" they had some great food there. Someone
indicated it was prepared by the same kitchen that did the optional
restaurant, which was also very good.

Old November 11th, 2004, 01:47 PM
Brenda

After the marvelous Constellation Transatlantic last Sept, we book
Summit for 14 night Transcanal 11/20/2005 with the AFT CC staeroom #
9201.

Back to Maui for 2 weeks each February so fall seems to be out cruise
time...

Old November 11th, 2004, 04:06 PM
Tom & Linda

"Larry Simon" wrote in message
[...]

They always have a chilled soup in the AquaSpa. And they generally have the
better quality desserts available there as well. And that area is open all
day, early in the morning until about 7:00 at night. So if you get back
late to the ship in the afternoon, it's still open.

--Tom

Old November 11th, 2004, 04:44 PM
Chuck Dreier

Great ship!! I found absolutely nothing to dislike about her, and a great
deal to like. With luck, we'll sail on her again!

Old November 11th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Lee

"Mark M" wrote in message .. .
Very cheap spa services so get a
massage if you can.

Well, there's something you don't often hear. How cheap were the
massages? I've found massages on cruise ships to be about 50% more
than the nicest day spa in this area (north Jersey) charges.

Lee