Wasting my time?

Old May 6th, 2006, 12:23 AM posted to rec.travel.air

Default Wasting my time?

Letter written to UA about a "mistake that was made"...too nice? not nice
enough? waste of time?

To whom it may concern:

I am writing in regards to an incident at the Hong Kong airport on Sunday
morning, April 30, 2006. This flight was supposed to be UA890/876 HKG-SEA.
As I checked in, I was informed by "Michelle" at the Kowloon Station
check-in that there had been "a mistake", and "it is quite complicated".
Since she did not give me my assigned seat 4A, she did not check me in and
told me to speak to the counter personnel at the Hong Kong Airport, which I
did.

At the Hong Kong airport, I spoke to to Ms. Windy Mok, Ms. Irene Lai, and
Ms. Carol Yu. This conversation lasted long enough that I was told to
accept a seat in Business Class, or I would miss my flight. I felt strongly
enough about this issue that I waited for your staff to make several phone
calls to the reservations center, as well as the center in Hawaii where the
original United agent made my booking. I missed my flight due to my strong
position about this matter, as well as the general disinterest in your staff
to process the reservation in a timely matter for me to keep my original
itinerary.

Here is the chain of events, to the best of my memory:

1.. I was issued a system wide upgrade on January 6, due to an equipment
change and seat change (Business to Economy) on flight 875 SEA-NRT.

2.. As I made my reservation for my SEA-HKG round trip, I was advised by
your agent that I could use my miles, in conjunction with the system wide
upgrade to move to international first class on my return trip HKG-SEA.
Later I checked my itinerary on line, and indeed I was confirmed to Upgraded
First Class, Seat 04A/02J. I have attached a copy of this itinerary for
your reference. On this itinerary I noticed the phrases "This reservation
has been ticketed", "Upgrade: Confirmed", "Seat 04A", and "Seat 02J". It
should be very clear that this was to be my schedule for that day.

3.. At check in, Ms. Mok informed me that the ticket was not confirmed,
and I was not allowed to "double upgrade" and that there had been "a
mistake". Ms. Yu added that I only paid US $1,268 for the original ticket
and that it should be clear to me that a first class ticket is much more
expensive than that. Also, Ms.Yu implied that I should be more clear on the
rules of the "H Ticket", which I feel is ridiculous, given the myriad of
booking classes and restrictions involved with your company, not to mention
that I bought an upgradeable economy class ticket to begin with.

4.. I was never given seat 4A, and was eventually issued a business class
seat UA862 HKG-SFO, and then economy class SFO-SEA.

I would like to point out that the information presented here can be
verified by the original booking recording with your agent, the "view
itinerary" page of your web site, and also with Michelle, Ms. Mok, Ms. Yu
and Ms. Lai. Given the events, I expect to be compensated by United
Airlines in a reasonable matter, and also that I be given a paper ticket for
all future bookings at no extra charge to avoid this from happening again.

Best regards,

Blake Stevenson

Old May 6th, 2006, 07:17 AM posted to rec.travel.air

Blake S wrote:

Letter written to UA about a "mistake that was made"...too nice? not nice
enough? waste of time?

I missed my flight due to my strong
position about this matter, as well as the general disinterest in your staff
to process the reservation in a timely matter for me to keep my original
itinerary.

You want sympathy because someone made a mistake an upgraded and already
upgraded (due to a free voucher) flight to First Class and the airline
wanted to bump you down to Business Class, AND you MISSED your flight
because you due to your complaining. You should have just taken business
class

Double free upgrades are not permitted on UA and other carriers that I
am aware of. You might want to post to the United forum on Flyertalk.com
Old May 7th, 2006, 04:45 AM posted to rec.travel.air

Default Why is psycho mrtravel wasting our time?

A.Melon wrote:

Fired Cisco troll/netkook/pedophile/asshole Michael Voight "mrtravel" kooked:

Double free upgrades are not permitted on UA and other carriers that I
am aware of. You might want to post to the United forum on Flyertalk.com

Yes, and he might also notice that over there you don't act out like you do here.
If you started with your trolling and k00king on Flyer Talk like you do here
they'd ban your sorry psychopath ass so fast you wouldn't know what hit you.

It is great to know that you will never be permitted to post your crap
there.
Old May 7th, 2006, 08:03 PM posted to rec.travel.air

Default Flyer Talk members know what a psycho mrtravel is

A.Melon wrote:

Fired Cisco troll/netkook/pedophile/asshole Michael Voight "mrtravel" kooked:

Double free upgrades are not permitted on UA and other carriers that I
am aware of. You might want to post to the United forum on Flyertalk.com

Yes, and he might also notice that over there you don't act out like you do here.
If you started with your trolling and k00king on Flyer Talk like you do here
they'd ban your sorry psychopath ass so fast you wouldn't know what hit you.

It is great to know that you will never be permitted to post your crap
there.

And you think none of those people on Flyer Talk have computers, or can do an Internet search?

Wow, you're dumber than I thought!

I think the people on FT are smart enough to realize that your nonsense
is nonsense and that you have a mental illness.
Old May 11th, 2006, 11:39 AM posted to rec.travel.air

"Blake S" wrote in message
.net...

At the Hong Kong airport, I spoke to to Ms. Windy Mok, Ms. Irene Lai, and
Ms. Carol Yu.

I guess you could have spoken to Ms. Phuk Yew and Ms. Wai Mi, but they
aren't especially known for their customer service. :Oo