Bahia Principe Tulum advice?

Old June 19th, 2004, 04:34 PM
Mildred Savalier

Default Bahia Principe Tulum advice?

I do
In Mexico the straws are brown paper after three sips they collapse.
Ever try to drink a thick drink out of a paper straw?
In other places we have found the straws to be the very thin kind that are
used in bars as more of a stirrer than a straw.
Trying to drink something thick like all the frozen drinks through them is a
real drag.

I always bring a giant thermal cup and a pack of straws.
I fill my cup before we head to the beach or turn in for the night, I find I
am always thirsty in warmer climates and having a cold drink with me helps.
Of course if you don't bring a cup you can always buy a soda in the gift
shop.

--
Dilly

http://home.comcast.net/~itsdilly/
http://community.webshots.com/user/savalier
People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, but
people will never forget how you made them feel.

wrote in message ...
Straws

In Mexico the straws are paper and very small
This sounds like a stupid idea I know but 99 cents for a pack of straws

sure
helps the Pina Colada go down.

Incredible!

Is this true? I should take some straws with me?

Old June 19th, 2004, 05:13 PM

I do
In Mexico the straws are brown paper after three sips they collapse.
Ever try to drink a thick drink out of a paper straw?
In other places we have found the straws to be the very thin kind that are
used in bars as more of a stirrer than a straw.
Trying to drink something thick like all the frozen drinks through them is a
real drag.

I always bring a giant thermal cup and a pack of straws.
I fill my cup before we head to the beach or turn in for the night, I find I
am always thirsty in warmer climates and having a cold drink with me helps.
Of course if you don't bring a cup you can always buy a soda in the gift
shop.

OK...... good advice

But in an all inclusive aren't all drinks provided
free?

Why would I need to buy anything in a gift shop?
Old June 22nd, 2004, 03:35 AM
Mildred Savalier

Because the drinks at the bar come in very small plastic cups.
By the time you get to your chair in that hot climate you cup will be empty
or warm.

Old June 22nd, 2004, 03:36 AM
Mildred Savalier

I have stayed at several all Pepsi resorts and bought a coke in the gift
shop.
Bottled water is not included.
Try to take a tiny cup on a hike ...................

--
Dilly

http://home.comcast.net/~itsdilly/
http://community.webshots.com/user/savalier
People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, but
people will never forget how you made them feel.

"David E. Bath" wrote in message
In article ,
writes:
I do
In Mexico the straws are brown paper after three sips they collapse.
Ever try to drink a thick drink out of a paper straw?
In other places we have found the straws to be the very thin kind that

are
used in bars as more of a stirrer than a straw.
Trying to drink something thick like all the frozen drinks through them

is a
real drag.

I always bring a giant thermal cup and a pack of straws.
I fill my cup before we head to the beach or turn in for the night, I

find I
am always thirsty in warmer climates and having a cold drink with me

helps.
Of course if you don't bring a cup you can always buy a soda in the gift
shop.

A covered thermal cup is a great idea as most all inclusives use
small plastic cups to serve drinks. Typically they will gladly refill
your thermal cup instead.

OK...... good advice

But in an all inclusive aren't all drinks provided
free?

Yes.

Why would I need to buy anything in a gift shop?

Not sure about that advice either, unless they mean buying a fountain
soda in a covered styrofoam cup and reusing it.

--
David Bath - Moderator for rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive

Old June 23rd, 2004, 12:14 AM

Bottled water is not included.

Bottled water wont be available in an all inclusive?

Are you sure abt that?
Old June 23rd, 2004, 01:03 PM
Mildred Savalier

Positive
In most resorts that is
We did stay at a Barcello that had a included mini fridge with a few sodas
and some water in it but in all other resorts we have stayed drinks are only
available buy the cup.
That Barcello was also Pepsi only so I bought a few cokes in the gift shop
and put them in our fridge.

The empty bottles are fun to collect from around the world and I bring a
small amount of sand home in them for my collection.

Old June 23rd, 2004, 01:05 PM
Rita Daggett

wrote in message ...
Bottled water is not included.

Bottled water wont be available in an all inclusive?

Are you sure abt that?

Cant speak for this particular place, but it often isnt. All the places
we've been tho, do supply drinking water (usually chilled); I suppose one
has to trust that it it is 'clean', as one has to to trust the ice-cubes.

--
Rita Daggett