Cruisin' for a Bruisin'

Old July 30th, 2005, 06:33 PM
Charles

Default Cruisin' for a Bruisin'

I found this interesting article in my local paper today about the NCL
Dawn and the wave.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn.../07/29/AR20050
72901829.html

The article requires registration. If you don't want to register I
suggest obtaining a password at:

http://www.bugmenot.com/

--
Charles
Old July 30th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Charles

In article , Charles
wrote:

I found this interesting article in my local paper today about the NCL
Dawn and the wave.

Repling to myself but I meant to comment on one line from the article.

"Some passengers were shaken, others were furious and more than a few
had questions. Like, why didn't the captain steer around that storm, or
just wait in Miami until the weather improved? Why the big rush to get
back to New York City?"

Currently there is another story in the news media and also on
newsgroups and also on the cruise web boards. The Voyager cruise that
went to Canada instead of Bermuda. In the Voyager incident they also
want to second guess the Captain and the decision made but in the new
story the RCI Captain is being slammed because he did the opposite of
the NCL Captain. They are slammed if they go through the storm and
slammed if they don't.

--
Charles
Old July 30th, 2005, 07:31 PM
number6

Charles wrote:
In article , Charles
wrote:

I found this interesting article in my local paper today about the NCL
Dawn and the wave.

Repling to myself but I meant to comment on one line from the article.

"Some passengers were shaken, others were furious and more than a few
had questions. Like, why didn't the captain steer around that storm, or
just wait in Miami until the weather improved? Why the big rush to get
back to New York City?"

Currently there is another story in the news media and also on
newsgroups and also on the cruise web boards. The Voyager cruise that
went to Canada instead of Bermuda. In the Voyager incident they also
want to second guess the Captain and the decision made but in the new
story the RCI Captain is being slammed because he did the opposite of
the NCL Captain. They are slammed if they go through the storm and
slammed if they don't.

I like that line ... "Steer around the storm" ... you can tell that
comes from an experienced seaman ...

Old July 30th, 2005, 10:39 PM
Karen Selwyn

Charles wrote:

I found this interesting article in my local paper today about the NCL
Dawn and the wave.

Repling to myself but I meant to comment on one line from the article.

My particular favorite was the quote from the plaintiff's lawyer,
"There's no such thing as a rogue wave." Why let a few facts get in the
way of a class action suit?

Karen Selwyn

Old July 30th, 2005, 10:54 PM
Charles

In article mrSGe.83063$%Z2.82626@lakeread08, Karen Selwyn
wrote:

My particular favorite was the quote from the plaintiff's lawyer,
"There's no such thing as a rogue wave." Why let a few facts get in the
way of a class action suit?

In the print edition they have a picture of plaintiffs scowling.
Obviously posed. It is all a crass play for money. The facts do not
matter. The suit is for $100 million, what a joke. It is transparent
they are aiming for a settlement and some easy money.

--
Charles