Special Diet Requests

Old November 28th, 2003, 03:12 AM
chris lightbourn

Default Special Diet Requests

I have lurked for a while and posted a couple of questions---many thanks to
all who replied.

I have a question---my doctor has just put me on a low-sodium diet--I am
booked on HAL's Volendam in the winter. I understand that all cruise lines
will prepare special menus dietary requests---has anyone had any
experience with HAL's treatment of special dietary requests, specifically
low sodium. Am I to look forward to a cruise of bland and boring food?

Many thanks for any replies.

Chris

Old November 28th, 2003, 03:15 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

chris lightbourn wrote:

I have lurked for a while and posted a couple of questions---many thanks to
all who replied.

I have a question---my doctor has just put me on a low-sodium diet--I am
booked on HAL's Volendam in the winter. I understand that all cruise lines
will prepare special menus dietary requests---has anyone had any
experience with HAL's treatment of special dietary requests, specifically
low sodium. Am I to look forward to a cruise of bland and boring food?

I haven't cruised HAL yet, but have sailed with food allergies and on a
low sodium diet. Have your TA notify HAL that you require a low sodium
diet. When you board the ship, see the MaitreD to make sure he has your
request. At dinner time he will give you the next nights menu and help
you select what you want and then make sure that the food is make
according to your needs. On Princess the food they prepared for me was
very good, not at all bland or boring.

sue

Old November 29th, 2003, 01:29 AM
Dick Goldhaber

Chris,

My daughter Danni is gluten intolerant and HAL bent over backwards for her
on our recent Hawaii cruise.

Since she has her own apartment in our building and answers these messages
both publicly and privately, if she does not respond to you either in public
or private please e-mail me and I will put you in touch with her.

I will tell you that there was nothing boring about our food.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Old November 29th, 2003, 03:20 AM
Deirdre Saoirse Moen

In article , "Dick Goldhaber"
wrote:

My daughter Danni is gluten intolerant and HAL bent over backwards for her
on our recent Hawaii cruise.

As a celiac, that's good to know. Thanks!

--
_Deirdre http://deirdre.net
"Dogs may have kept us company on the hunt, but it was the cats who