Agreement to Create Brooklyn Cruise Terminal!

Old January 13th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

number6 wrote:
Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:

Ray Goldenberg wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from the New York City Economic
Development Corporation

SNIP

New terminals will segregate embarking and
disembarking passengers onto separate levels, allowing for more
efficient use of space and reducing congestion caused by passengers
arriving and departing at the same time.

This sounds very good, I hope that it works.

As far as the Brooklyn cruise terminal goes, I still don't think the
main roads/highways to the terminal area can handle the added

traffic.

sue

Since one needs weapons to get through Red Hook unscathed I am
wondering if you have to check them at the pier ... and be able to pick
them up after the cruise is over so your return trip will bring you
home alive ... That is one bad area ...

LOl...that is the Red Hook that I used to drive through when the BQE,
Brooklyn Queens Expresway, was a mess.

sue

Old January 13th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

RICK DAVIS wrote:

I love the idea. No more Westside Hwy and sitting in traffic for an
hour just to get out of the car/limo.

I am hoping that situation will get better when the improvements are
done at the NY terminal.

sue

Old January 13th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On 13 Jan 2005 09:45:42 -0800, number6 wrote:

Since one needs weapons to get through Red Hook unscathed I am
wondering if you have to check them at the pier ... and be able to pick
them up after the cruise is over so your return trip will bring you
home alive ... That is one bad area ...
I can see the parking area ... Separate areas for for Abrams tanks and
Bradley FIghting Vehicles ...

LOL

Old January 13th, 2005, 07:25 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 19:08:51 GMT, Karen Segboer wrote:

Of course I've never been to the
Brooklyn Navy Yard so I have no idea how that is.

Not too good.

http://billfriedrich.tripod.com/

Old January 13th, 2005, 07:48 PM
Gregory C. Read

"Sue and Kevin Mullen" wrote in message

New terminals will segregate embarking and
disembarking passengers onto separate levels, allowing for more
efficient use of space and reducing congestion caused by passengers
arriving and departing at the same time.

This sounds very good, I hope that it works.

sue

I do too. On our Norwegian Dawn cruise last October, it was a madhouse with
passengers coming AND going. When our ride arrived to pick us up, we had to
literally climb over about 10 feet deep of baggage carrying our bags to get
to the car. And the new passengers arriving had the same problem the other
way. The thing is, they already have two levels at the port, but instead of
segregating by embarking and debarking, they segregate by private vehicles
on the upper level and taxi/bus/limo on the lower level.

--
Greg
lid

Old January 13th, 2005, 08:32 PM

Of course I've never been to the
Brooklyn Navy Yard so I have no idea how that is.

You won't have to go, either....the new terminal is in Red Hook, not the
Bkln Navy yard...which has been gone for a long, long, long time.

Red Hook is farther south, past Atlantic Avenue.