Agreement to Create Brooklyn Cruise Terminal!

Old January 13th, 2005, 08:32 PM

Of course I've never been to the
Brooklyn Navy Yard so I have no idea how that is.

You won't have to go, either....the new terminal is in Red Hook, not the
Bkln Navy yard...which has been gone for a long, long, long time.

Red Hook is farther south, past Atlantic Avenue.

Old January 14th, 2005, 01:36 AM
Charles

In article , *bicker*
wrote:

I live in the Boston area, and would gladly drive to Bayonne
to get on a cruise ship, if it saves us the flight to
Florida or San Juan -- Brooklyn or Bayonne makes no
difference to us.

As one who sailed from more northerly home ports, twice out of New York
and three times out of Baltimore, it was nice not to have to fly. But I
also suffered through much poorer weather getting to the ports, which
cut down on the sunshine. Last April out of Baltimore the first two
days out and the last day back the weather was windy, chilly and
somewhat miserable.

--
Charles

Old January 14th, 2005, 01:46 AM
Thomas Smith

"Ray Goldenberg" wrote in message
Hi Everyone,

SNIP

"Soon Brooklynites will be able to board cruise ships in Red Hook and
head straight for the Caribbean or England, but if you are like me,
you'll want to stay close to the ship for fear of missing out on the
next delicious buffet," said Brooklyn Borough President Markowitz.
"And visitors from all over the world will experience the best of
Brooklyn - our fabulous food, historic homes, diverse neighborhoods,
top notch museums and more. The arrival of the cruise ship industry is
a major step toward the revival of Brooklyn's waterfront and will
create even more jobs for Brooklynites who need them. I applaud the
Governor, the Mayor, EDC and the Port Authority for working together
to ensure Brooklyn's future as a world-class tourist destination."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Red Hook one of the worst neighborhoods
in New York City?

--
I'm Tom Smith, and I approved this message.

Old January 14th, 2005, 01:42 PM
number6

Thomas Smith wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Red Hook one of the worst

neighborhoods
in New York City?

--
I'm Tom Smith, and I approved this message.

Exactly so ...
See my earlier post where I asked about checking weapons at the
terminal so they'd be available for the return trip ... and the humor
about needed separate parking areas for Abrams tanks and Bradley
fighting vehicles ...

I would much more preferred the Stapleton Naval Base on Staten Island
developed ...