Boycott Newfoundland and Labrador!!

Old April 2nd, 2005, 04:36 PM
Bruce from Victoria

Default Boycott Newfoundland and Labrador!!

Please respect the boycott of Newfoundland and Labrador and do not
visit there for the time being. This province supports the torture and
brutal destruction of baby harp and hooded seals. This horrific event
takes place each spring on the ice flows and as many as a million baby
seal pups are shot or clubbed to death, many skinned alive, in clear
view of their nursing mothers! This represents the largest slaughter
of maine mammals in the world and it is taking place as we speak near
the shores of Newfoundland and being conducted by men of unspeakable
evil.

For the love of nature, the respect of her many creatures and for
decency sake PLEASE do all YOU can do ( like contact American Humane
Society ) and Boycott all sea food products from Canada! Please do not
visit this province until they stop torturing and destroying these
innocent creatures!

Old April 2nd, 2005, 04:52 PM
SP Cook

Bruce from Victoria wrote:
Please respect the boycott of Newfoundland and Labrador and do not
visit there for the time being. This province supports the torture

and
brutal destruction of baby harp and hooded seals.

Your insane Gaia-worshiping post has only made me more desirous of
visiting that wonderful place. Seems to be populated by people who
understand the difference between soul-less animals and people.

Old April 2nd, 2005, 05:09 PM
mook

Actually, it was the federal gov't that gave the OK....so feel free not to
visit Canada at all!
We don't have enough room for more whiners as we are up to our necks in
Fresh Seal Skins!

Kinda tastes like chicken!!
How might one sustain the fishability of these waters without reducing the
competing species?

oups.com...

Old April 2nd, 2005, 05:16 PM
Dave Smith

Bruce from Victoria wrote:

Please respect the boycott of Newfoundland and Labrador and do not
visit there for the time being. This province supports the torture and
brutal destruction of baby harp and hooded seals.

You forgot to allege rape too.
The seals are not tortured. They are clubbed. It's not much different than
the way some of your beef cattle and pigs are killed. If seal pups looked
like lobsters nobody would give a damn.

and Boycott all sea food products from Canada! Please do not
visit this province until they stop torturing and destroying these
innocent creatures!

There isn't a heck of a lot of fishing done in Newfoundland and Labrador
anymore because those same seals that you are whining about have eaten most
of the fish. Not the disastrous state of the entire east coast fishery
since
the seal hunt was suspended in the 70s.

While you are on the mood to boycott, please extend your boycott to
electricity, natural gas, gasoline, uranium, and all those other resources
that we would like to have for our own future.

Old April 2nd, 2005, 08:06 PM
Claim Guy

[...]

No, boycott Victoria instead for producing, or nurturing pedantic
misanthropes such as Bruce.

Boycott, Bruce, too!

Old April 2nd, 2005, 08:44 PM
BruceB

You forgot to allege rape too.
The seals are not tortured. They are clubbed. It's not much different
than
the way some of your beef cattle and pigs are killed. If seal pups looked
like lobsters nobody would give a damn.

You have to consider the fact that clubbing preserves the meat and makes
them taste just that much better.

Old April 2nd, 2005, 09:33 PM
Paul E. Lehmann

Dave Smith wrote:

Bruce from Victoria wrote:

[...]

I think the over fishing (BY HUMANS) led to the disastrous decline. At least
this is what I was told my most of the people I talked to in Nova Scotia.
But hey, why blame overfishing when you can blame the government instead.
Nature has a way of balancing things out. Why weren't all the fish eaten
by the seals before white man ever visited the area?

Old April 2nd, 2005, 10:14 PM
Dave Smith

BruceB wrote:

You have to consider the fact that clubbing preserves the meat and makes
them taste just that much better.

From what understand, clubbing them was partly to ensure that the sealers
didn't shoot them from a distance only to wound them and have them escape to die
later.

Old April 2nd, 2005, 10:17 PM
Dave Smith

"Paul E. Lehmann" wrote:

I think the over fishing (BY HUMANS) led to the disastrous decline. At least
this is what I was told my most of the people I talked to in Nova Scotia.

Overfishing by foreign fleets is a problem too.

But hey, why blame overfishing when you can blame the government instead.
Nature has a way of balancing things out. Why weren't all the fish eaten
by the seals before white man ever visited the area?

There was never the scale of fishing that there has been in the last century.
Plus the fact that they killed a lot of seals.