Land Package

Old December 8th, 2003, 12:23 AM
John Schaeffer

Default Land Package

Maybe I'm premature, but better early than late. I have a RTW air
ticket leaving LAX westwardly in May 04. I seek info on a land
package starting in NewZealand and ending in Perth. FYI I also need a
package in South Africa.
TYIA.
I'm a senior male traveling alone.
John
Old December 8th, 2003, 01:25 AM
alfred

John Schaeffer wrote:
Maybe I'm premature, but better early than late. I have a RTW air
ticket leaving LAX westwardly in May 04. I seek info on a land
package starting in NewZealand and ending in Perth.

What sort of "land package" are you after? One of those hop-on/hop-off
deals where you find your own food and lodgings, or one where they do it
all for you. You might want to take a look at
http://www.aatkings.com.au, who do both and tend not to appeal to the
teenage/backpacker market. Unfortunately, they've not fully embraced
the web, so their website is not all that detailed.

Old December 8th, 2003, 01:28 AM
alfred

alfred wrote:

What sort of "land package" are you after? One of those hop-on/hop-off
deals where you find your own food and lodgings, or one where they do it
all for you. You might want to take a look at
http://www.aatkings.com.au, who do both and tend not to appeal to the
teenage/backpacker market. Unfortunately, they've not fully embraced
the web, so their website is not all that detailed.

Actually, it is better than I thought - if you use the pull down menu
and identify a destination, you'll get itineraries for each trip they offer.

Old December 9th, 2003, 12:28 AM
Paul O

John,
You probably won't get too many responses to your question here. Australia
and NZ are so easy to traverse that most traveller posters here do their own
thing, while few Australian or NZ posters would use comprehensive package
tours such as you're interested in. One company worth trying is Trafalgar
Tours - they have programs on every continent:
www.trafalgartours.com/

Globus Tours is another:
http://www.globusjourneys.com/

Another good forum to seek advice (many more posts than here) is the Thorn
tree - accessed through Lonely Planet - http://www.lonelyplanet.com

Good Luck

Paul

om...