Rockhampton-Barcaldine-Longreach by bus?

Old January 25th, 2004, 09:18 PM
Mark Herron

Default Rockhampton-Barcaldine-Longreach by bus?

On 23 Jan 2004 15:29:14 -0800, you wrote:

The train runs from Rockhampton to Longreach via Barcaldine - why not take a
train each way!!

Isn't it obvious?
I'm travelling in a foreign country and want to see as much as
possible instead of just repeating the same thing.

A bus would obviously take a different route than the train.

So..... which buses go between these places? Is Emerald the buses to
take, as it seems from a search on the net?

Hallvard,

McCaffertys service this route, and are a large and reliable
bus company. http://www.mccaffertys.com.au/

As do Greyhound/Pioneer http://www.greyhound.com.au/

In fact their route maps are exactly the same, so I expect
they share the routes - but can't confirm this.

I missed when, and where you were planning to go from and
to, but they offer a few routes through the outback that
crisscross Qld, as you will see from their website map.

I was up in Blackwater (east of Emerald) for Xmas and it was
hot and humid (there has been quite a bit of rain) and the
bugs were thriving! And buffle grass rulez!

The train follows the A4, once our Route 66, or Capricorn
Highway, from Rocky to Longreach. All the way, so sights are
the same on that bit.

If I can help more mail the group or email me after removing
the obvious,

Cheerz Mark.