Temporary luggage storage at O'Hare?

Old January 8th, 2006, 05:53 PM posted to rec.travel.air

Default Temporary luggage storage at O'Hare?

TOliver wrote:
Comfortable seats? I've been in enough European, Central and SAmerican
airports to know that comfortable seats and airports do not go together.
The cause? Very simple, for long ago folks in the travel business discovered
that providing comfortable seats or even benches for horizontal a'couching
encouraged all sorts of unwashed and ill-favored folks to move in and stay a
while, overnight on many occasions. If the airport authorities or airlines
wanted you to have a comfortable seat, they would have provided same. But
they don't want you to clog up the place except when preparing to leave or
while connecting (and even then not overnight).

In the space of less than a decade, I noticed last summer, that Dubai
(DXB) progressed from assigning a sturdily-built man to poke sleeping
and non-upright passengers with a stick to providing full-length
chaises longues for the overnighters.

Cheers,

George W. Russell
Bangalore

Old January 10th, 2006, 09:15 AM posted to chi.general,rec.travel.air

On Sun, 8 Jan 2006, TOliver wrote:

"Lockers" used to be in many airports, but disappeared long before 9/11, a
mutual problem of lack of profitability and folks putting stuff in an never
returning to pick it up.

And it's a pity. I wanted to leave some luggage at La Guardia the other
day, as I was only going to be in New York for a stopover and was
travelling with plenty of stuff coming from the UK and Washington DC.
But no dice.

TMO

Take care

Jon

--
Jon Beasley-Murray Latin American Studies
http://www.fhis.ubc.ca/index.php?id=2856 University of British Columbia

Old January 10th, 2006, 09:24 AM posted to chi.general,rec.travel.air

grusl wrote four times:

[snip]

Apologies for the multiple posts. I'm not really a complete idiot. I
use Google Groups because my ISP does not have access to NNTP servers.

George W. Russell
Bangalore