Tourists murdered in Thailand

Old March 8th, 2007, 02:45 AM posted to soc.culture.singapore,soc.culture.thai,rec.travel.asia
ian

Default Tourists murdered in Thailand

orang37 wrote:
Khun Ian wrote :

"Just try strolling alone in the wrong neighborhood after midnight in, say,
some parts of NYC to see how protected the government keeps you !"

Khun Ian, Khrup,

Yeah, "parts" is the key word. If you want to get mugged in San Francisco,
here's a 'guaranteed way' to do it.

1. Stay at the Downtown Hilton Hotel. 333 O'Farrell Street. Remember they
are going to hit you up US $46.50 per day for parking your car ! Thanks to
the friendly local highly politically connected "parking" Mafia of SF.

2. Dress very nicely. Wear some gold or jewelry. A gold Rolex watch would be
very good. Have a nice dinner.

3. Now exit the hotel after 11PM, Friday through Sunday would be best :
between 12 midnight and 3AM the best : start walking west on O'Farrell
Street.

4. Walk slowly, spend your time eyeballing shops and such.

5. If you reach Polk Street without being mugged yet :

a. turn left on Polk and walk south one street down to Ellis street,
turn left and walk back heading east back toward the hotel area.

6. If you made it down Ellis as far as Mason Street (near the hotel) without
being mugged yet :

a. turn right on Mason, walk south one street to Eddy Street. Then right
on Eddy and walk west again until you reach Polk.

If you have not been mugged by this time, you are doing something wrong !

By the way if you are Japanese, and are staying at the Downtown Hilton,
there are far simpler ways to get extorted close to the Hotel in special
shops that appear to cater to Japanese only : they use the same play-book
that the upstairs sex shows in Patpong, and some of the seafood restaurants
on Sukhumvit use, but also use dramatic intimidation and threats.

~o:37;

Khun O -

U r 1 funny guy!

I think going to the beach in Pattaya at 5AM and being reasonably good
looking females qualifies as extremely risky behavior too. Actually, I
think its a good idea to start your nights early in Pattaya and be home
before midnight. Of course, avoiding Pattaya entirely is a far better
idea altogether.

Cheers,

Ian

Old March 8th, 2007, 03:39 AM posted to soc.culture.singapore,soc.culture.thai,rec.travel.asia
maxwell

"ian" wrote ...
maxwell wrote:
"pluto" wrote ...
ian wrote
Just try strolling alone in the wrong neighborhood after midnight in,

say, some parts of NYC to see how protected the government keeps you!
Ian

yeah, k i
there is a ny of a difference:
driving down the whole of bronx in a cadilac and
walking down a block of the same.

'the whole of the Bronx' and 'a block of the same' suggests a criminal

homogeneity of the Bronx that ignores the fact that not only is most of the
Bronx NOT so blighted, but a significant portion of the South(mainly) Bronx
blight has in the past few decades been cleaned up.
One can only wonder when last (if ever) pluto drove through the Bronx,

and if he ever did, whether he drove in circles in one bad part of the
Bronx, thinking he'd seen it all ;~)
-maxwell

I lived in the Bronx for several years, in an extremely safe area. It
was safe to stagger around drunk at any hour without any worry
whatsoever, not that one is claiming so to have done.

. . nor did the plutonian savant ever spin his wheels in your old
neighborhood ;~)

I was thinking of some areas of Harlem, blocks on Pennsylvania Avenue in

Brooklyn, parts of Bushwick, or even places in Crown Heights. Or the parking
lot off Flatbush Avenue near Juniors where the cousin of my then girlfriend
was murdered.

You might then know of the Franklin Avenue shuttle in 'do-or-die'
(Bedford-Stuyvesant) a short ride through hellish territory, terminating two
blocks from where artists I once knew had huge loft spaces they'd co-opped
(cheap deal, hell yes) in a factory building. I never bothered the fellows
selling their drugs along the street when I'd go out to the all night shop
for something, and they never bothered me. Very safe block, actually, since
the drug crews did not want 5-0 coming around after any muggers, and muggers
do not go where a likelihood of readily-armed young men with hyped-up heads
are to be found.

You always need to understand the environment, be watchful, and have a way

out if anything untoward occurs or looks like occurring.
Ian

True, wherever one goes, it's good to know how to go elsewhere--and when
needed, to bloody well RUN away.
-maxwell

Old March 8th, 2007, 07:59 AM posted to soc.culture.singapore,soc.culture.thai,rec.travel.asia
[email protected]

On Mar 8, 10:40 am, ian wrote:
Bald eagle wrote:
"ian" wrote in message

.............. What stats do you have to
show that the takeover has increased physical risk for foreigners?

You obviously like to repeat yourself .....see my earlier reply
quoted below:

"Do you need stats....to tell you a place is
dangerous. (intending to lie with stats)

In less than a year after the Junta took over....bombs
exploded in the streets of Bangkok killing people, ...
tourists were killed (don't know how many more
killings have gone unreported ....suppressed by the
Junta).
For comparison, how many bombs were exploded
and how many tourists killed in Tokyo, Taipei, Seoul,
Hong Kong, Singapore, or KL in the last six months.
Your certainly do NOT need stats to know that these
cities are much safer. "

Ian- Hide quoted text -

Old March 9th, 2007, 02:11 PM posted to soc.culture.singapore,soc.culture.thai,rec.travel.asia
maxwell

"ian" wrote ...
Bald eagle wrote:
"ian" wrote ...
Bald eagle wrote:
The Military junta don't know and don't care
about tourist being killed frequently in Thailand.
It is their duty to make Thailand safe for their guest.
They failed.

Insurance costs for visiting Thailand has jumped sky high.
The bottom line is......Thailand is deadly...to tourists.
I think you have an agenda. .......

Yes. I certainly have an agenda. ...to point out ugly facts about

Thailand.... Since the junta took over, Thailand is NOT safe for foreign
investors, ..not safe for tourists.

The droning repetition of such claims without substantiating evidence has
earned that bird a 'k'

What's wrong with my agenda ?

It appears to have distorted your objectivity. What stats do you have to

show that the takeover has increased physical risk for foreigners?

Good luck ;~)

Ian

Old March 9th, 2007, 09:49 PM posted to soc.culture.singapore,soc.culture.thai,rec.travel.asia
[email protected]

On Mar 9, 10:11 pm, "maxwell" wrote:
"ian" wrote ... Bald eagle wrote:
"ian" wrote ...
Bald eagle wrote:

Thailand.... Since the junta took over, Thailand is NOT safe for foreign
investors, ..not safe for tourists.

Don't change my words....You slimy jerk.

It appears to have distorted your objectivity. What stats do you have to

show that the takeover has increased physical risk for foreigners?

Since the takeover by the junta, there was a series of bomb attacks
in Bangkok .....and tourists were shot and killed in Thai resorts.

Stats. 9 bombs exploded in Bangkok on New Year eve which killed 3...
2 tourists killed on 24 Feb.

Other cities in Asia: No bomb exploded and no tourist
killed during
the same period.

(Stats: Bangkok have many unsafe occurrences during last 6 months
Other cities in Asia...NONE )

These stats showed that Bangkok is definitely dangerous to tourists.
Other cities in Asia are safer.

http://www.imdiversity.com/villages/...bings_0106.asp
http://www.itar-tass.com/eng/level2....5490&PageNum=0

Old March 10th, 2007, 08:50 AM posted to soc.culture.singapore,soc.culture.thai,rec.travel.asia
pluto

On 9 Mar 2007 13:49:55 -0800, in this message

ews.net

.com

vWdIh.631$mh.424@trnddc05 from
. com subject as: Tourists
murdered in Thailand:
wrote/and/or quoted:

Don't change my words....You slimy jerk.

http://www.imdiversity.com/villages/...bings_0106.asp
http://www.itar-tass.com/eng/level2....5490&PageNum=0

555555555555 555555555555 555555555555 555555555555 555555555555
555555555555 555555555555 555555555555 555555555555 555555555555
555555555555 555555555555 555555555555 555555555555 555555555555
555555555555 555555555555 555555555555 555555555555 555555555555
555555555555 555555555555 555555555555
==end, and/or end quote || When replying respond to the original author, NOT ME PLEASE ==
-pluto
Old March 16th, 2007, 02:42 AM posted to soc.culture.singapore,soc.culture.thai,rec.travel.asia
[email protected]

On Mar 16, 11:16 am, ian wrote:
wrote:
On Mar 8, 10:40 am, ian wrote:
Bald eagle wrote:
"ian" wrote in message

.............. What stats do you have to
show that the takeover has increased physical risk for foreigners?

You obviously like to repeat yourself .....see my earlier reply
quoted below:

"Do you need stats....to tell you a place is
dangerous. (intending to lie with stats)

.......so are MORE FARANGS DYING NOW .....

You say ..."more farangs are dying now..." ..NOT me. You show proof
of what you said.

You are slimy like maggots...changing my words and then ask me to show
proof of what you said. You are worse than maggots in dog
**** ...despiscable.

I repeat what I said again. "Bombs exploded in Bangkok, tourists
killed in tourist resorts. Now Bangkok is more dangerous than other
cities in Asia."

Cannot understand what I said ? Go back to dog school.

Old March 16th, 2007, 03:12 AM posted to soc.culture.singapore,soc.culture.thai,rec.travel.asia
ian

maxwell wrote:
"ian" wrote ...
maxwell wrote:
[...]

Not specifically, but I drove a cab in NYC once upon a time, and there
were places I went through that I would not dare to exit the car, nor
would I think of unlocking the doors and picking up passengers.

Ian
Old March 17th, 2007, 10:23 AM posted to soc.culture.singapore,soc.culture.thai,rec.travel.asia
maxwell

"ian" wrote ...
maxwell wrote:
"ian" wrote ...
maxwell wrote:
[...]

Prudent practices--as proven by your presence, presently ! ;~)
-maxwell
(I [briefly] drove nights for a fleet--Dover garage on Hudson St.)