Direct flights Taipeh - Shanghai ?

Old October 14th, 2004, 08:36 AM
Alfred Molon

Default Direct flights Taipeh - Shanghai ?

Any direct flights (and how much do they cost) between these two towns ?

And if not, how much do return flights HK-Shanghai and HK-Taipeh cost ?

BTW, I guess an overland trip by train from HK to Shanghai would take
two days, wouldn't it ?
--

Alfred Molon

http://www.molon.de/Galleries.htm - Photos from Myanmar, Brunei,
Malaysia, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Nepal, Egypt, Austria, Prague,
Budapest and Portugal
Old October 14th, 2004, 09:04 AM
IIJIMA Hiromitsu

Any direct flights (and how much do they cost) between these two towns ?

No direct flights between Taiwan and Mainland China.
This is a political issue.

(Mr.) IIJIMA Hiromitsu,
aka Delmonta http://www.ht.sakura.ne.jp/~delmonta/

Old October 14th, 2004, 09:28 AM
Spehro Pefhany

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 09:36:25 +0200, the renowned Alfred Molon
wrote:

Any direct flights (and how much do they cost) between these two towns ?

No non-stop, I don't know about direct. I don't think so- I think you
have to change planes in Hong Kong.

And if not, how much do return flights HK-Shanghai and HK-Taipeh cost ?

BTW, I guess an overland trip by train from HK to Shanghai would take
two days, wouldn't it ?

About 24 hours, every other day, for the through train.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Old October 14th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Iceman

Any direct flights (and how much do they cost) between these two towns ?

There are no direct flights. Either Air Macau or Dragonair will get
you there with only a short stopover in Macau or Hong Kong
respectively.
Old October 14th, 2004, 06:16 PM
Joey

BTW, I guess an overland trip by train from HK to Shanghai would take
two days, wouldn't it ?

it takes abt 22 hrs to get a trip by train

"Alfred Molon" ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D

Old October 14th, 2004, 07:23 PM
EAC

Alfred Molon wrote in message m...
Any direct flights (and how much do they cost) between these two towns ?

No direct flights so far I know.

The 'official' excuse is that the two countries are in a fight.

The actual excuse is to stage a play of a pretend 'fight', to make it
look like there's a fight when there's actually none at all.

And if not, how much do return flights HK-Shanghai and HK-Taipeh cost ?

I don't know on how much it cost.

But I do know that a single journey (non return) flight economy seat
from Shanghai to Guilin cost around 800 Yuan, I suspect that a flight
from Shanghai to Hong Kong probably will cost around 1000 Yuan or so.

As for Hong Kong to Taipeh. I don't know. But I expect that it will
cost roughly the same or even higher, it's an international flight
after all.

BTW, I guess an overland trip by train from HK to Shanghai would take
two days, wouldn't it ?

There's a direct train running from Hong Kong to Shanghai and vice
versa provided by Kowloon Canton Railway Corporation, you're welcome
to try it, provided that you can stand long hours (around 24 hours) in
a train.

The schedule from Hong Kong to Shanghai:

http://www.kcrc.com/eng/services/services/sipsnts3.asp

The fare from Hong Kong to Shanghai:

http://www.kcrc.com/eng/services/services/ipsnts3.asp