Reliability of Postal Services in Thailand

Old February 3rd, 2004, 03:52 AM
Markku Grönroos

Default Reliability of Postal Services in Thailand

"Per Löwdin" wrote in message

Actually
we don't have any data on comparative reliability between Thailand and
*other* countries.

Markku: Where have u been in Asia? How long? Have u ever been out of the
expat bars in Pattaya?

I have been to bars in Pattaya. I just don't know what is "ex-pat" one. I
have been in bars in Sweden. I don't know if any of them was full of gay
clients as is so common in the kingdom (at least this is what Finns keep
saying about Swedish bars and on Swedes in general)..

I have been returned at least twice a letter by the Thai
Post which I have send by an explicit and valid address.

And, then, there was probably an explanation. Not enough stamps?

Unreadable
address? There are countries in Asia where you might not have got the

letter

You don't seem to comprehend your readings too well yourself. Obviously you
never passed any tests at grund skola.

in return. Nepal´s postal system is pretty schetchy, to the extent that
friends living in Nepal have at times asked us to mail their letters in
Bangkok because the Thai postal service is regarded as comparatively
reliable.

You consider something. You don't have anything to support your idea.

Old February 3rd, 2004, 04:04 AM
Markku Grönroos

"Sjoerd" wrote in message

you do compare to the date of mailing (whether you have a comprehensive
database for this or you check the date on the envelope or both).

My mother loves receiving postcards and I regularly send her one. I always
put the date on my postcards, and my mother puts the date on which she
receives it on the card. Complicado, no?

So, you mother always checks the time difference and let you know? How do
you get along with in a case deliveries never get their destination? How do
you record this?

Old February 3rd, 2004, 07:47 AM
Per Löwdin

Markku: Where have u been in Asia? How long? Have u ever been out of the
expat bars in Pattaya?

I have been to bars in Pattaya. I just don't know what is "ex-pat" one.

Expat = expatriate, i.e., bars that cater to foreign losers. Pattaya expat
bar = bar where farang losers who have to pay to get laid hang out. Those
losers tend to have a poor understanding of Thailand, often venting various
prejudices.

Now, have u been anywhere in Asia outside the sex-tourist ghettos?

Per

Old February 3rd, 2004, 11:37 AM
Markku Grönroos

"Per Löwdin" wrote in message
Markku: Where have u been in Asia? How long? Have u ever been out of

the
expat bars in Pattaya?

I have been to bars in Pattaya. I just don't know what is "ex-pat" one.

Expat = expatriate, i.e., bars that cater to foreign losers. Pattaya expat

I can anytime check any dictionary and see what expatriate stands for.
People popping in bar are losers in your opinion then. Funny you and perhaps
this is a general opinion among Börjes.

bar = bar where farang losers who have to pay to get laid hang out. Those

I guess you have it all wrong.

losers tend to have a poor understanding of Thailand, often venting

various
prejudices.

Now, have u been anywhere in Asia outside the sex-tourist ghettos?

I have never been into sex ghettos (one more gibberish term) anywhere in the
world. Not even in Stockolm which is one of the gay capitals of the world.
All this is off topic though because there are no arguments around to
support your claims on more reliable structures and practices in Thailand to
get mail out from the country in comparison to *other * countries. If you
are indignat at something, it just demonstrates that you should trim your
mental endurance a bit. I don't see any reason for such behaviour.

Old February 3rd, 2004, 12:19 PM
John L

Markku,

You're posting to the wrong newsgroup, you should be posting to
alt.Finn looking for an argument with anyone as usual.

John L.

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 18:35:18 +0200, "Markku Grönroos"
wrote:

And Thailand is merely the first steps on the path to the receiver. Perhaps
the fault has occurred outside the kingdom. One of our colleagues sent a
postcard from Rome, Italy dated on 29.12.2003, it arrived in it's
destination last week... Two decades ago I addressed the Mexican youth
hostel association some questions in a letter in summer 1984. I received a
response letter in February 1985 addressed to one Marklan Grohroos,

Old February 3rd, 2004, 05:50 PM
Per Löwdin

"Markku Grönroos" blathered:

I can anytime check any dictionary and see what expatriate stands for.
People popping in bar are losers in your opinion then. Funny you and

perhaps
this is a general opinion among Börjes.

bar = bar where farang losers who have to pay to get laid hang out.

Those

I guess you have it all wrong.

Guess? If you hang out in Pattaya expat bas you are a most probably a loser
who have to pay to get laid. Shame on you!

losers tend to have a poor understanding of Thailand, often venting

various
prejudices.

Now, have u been anywhere in Asia outside the sex-tourist ghettos?

I have never been into sex ghettos (one more gibberish term) anywhere in

the
world.

Seems, you have a difficulty to comprehend, the question was: Have you ever
been anywhere else in Asia? Outside Pattaya?

Per

Old February 3rd, 2004, 06:11 PM
Markku Grönroos

"Per Löwdin" wrote in message

Guess? If you hang out in Pattaya expat bas you are a most probably a

loser
who have to pay to get laid. Shame on you!

As probably as the Thai Post is superior to postal institutions in other
countries. Is this a sort of crusade against evils of the world. As one
strolls the beach road at night it is better to keep inland side because you
have a smooth passage contrary to the beach side. There are at least as many
perverts around in Stockholm and I don't give a **** about it. It is true
that this population is less noisy than the one in Pattaya and you hardly
get crossed with them if you don't want to. If I decided to visit an
"expatriate" bar in Söder in which clients are mostly Finns but there are
some Swedish homosexuals around too, should I check my balls in that case
too. I am an old chap now. Swedish homos are not after me I suppose. They
hunt something much more attractive, fresh and tight. I suppose you faggot
believe being on the winning side. I don't believe I have done anything in
Thailand I should be shamed on. Have you got your head examined?

losers tend to have a poor understanding of Thailand, often venting

various
prejudices.

Now, have u been anywhere in Asia outside the sex-tourist ghettos?

I have never been into sex ghettos (one more gibberish term) anywhere in

the
world.

Seems, you have a difficulty to comprehend, the question was: Have you

ever
been anywhere else in Asia? Outside Pattaya?

Question includes informal (bull****) expressions. I have been into Pattaya
last summer. And I have been elsewhere in Asia too. This hardly has anything
to do with postal services though.

Old February 3rd, 2004, 06:26 PM
Per Löwdin

"Markku Grönroos" blathered:

Have you ever been anywhere else in Asia? Outside Pattaya?

Question includes informal (bull****) expressions. I have been into

Pattaya
last summer. And I have been elsewhere in Asia too.

To Pattong´s expat bars? Or anywhere outside the closed circuit of expat
bars?

This hardly has anything
to do with postal services though.

Well, it has, firstly because you seem to be on about the same level of
understanding what is going on in Asia or in the world at large as those
losers that hang out in Pattaya´s expat bars, secondly because it might
explain why you sometimes post such utterly ignorant stuff ("Swedish
Beduins" [sic!]. I really think that you only got as far as Pattaya. That
you don´t have any experience of Asia except for Pattaya bars. Pathetic!

Per

Old February 3rd, 2004, 07:05 PM
Markku Grönroos

"Per Löwdin" wrote in message

"Markku Grönroos" blathered:

Have you ever been anywhere else in Asia? Outside Pattaya?

Question includes informal (bull****) expressions. I have been into

Pattaya
last summer. And I have been elsewhere in Asia too.

To Pattong´s expat bars? Or anywhere outside the closed circuit of expat
bars?

Hmm... I find this somewhat peculiar. For Thais public houses are a bit
alien institutions so I guess about all the bars I have visited in Thailand
are those "expatriate ones". I have been to Phuket (and Patong (and bars
along Bangla for instance) and of course I have been to the Shark's). And
many, many other places in Thailand and I have been thirsty in all of them.

This hardly has anything
to do with postal services though.

Well, it has, firstly because you seem to be on about the same level of
understanding what is going on in Asia or in the world at large as those
losers that hang out in Pattaya´s expat bars, secondly because it might
explain why you sometimes post such utterly ignorant stuff ("Swedish
Beduins" [sic!]. I really think that you only got as far as Pattaya. That
you don´t have any experience of Asia except for Pattaya bars. Pathetic!

I can see you are still angry about something. I don't take the blame
though. I have never said I am the most articulate traveller. I don't have a
high profile. Actually I don't hang around much on beach resorts anywhere in
the world. I cannot say I don't do so at all. In Thailand I have been to
Krabi, Phuket (my favourite in many respect), Samui, Samet (very nice indeed
especially those seemingly dead dogs whose sneaking breath doesn't reveal
them). In Kenya I liked the beach north from Mombasa (where a Jew hotel was
blown away recently, well I visited there in 1982). And further north along
the coast. In Mexico I visited Cancun, which I didn't like and Isla Mujeres,
which was much better. And in Indonesia in Bali and Java you don't get
faraway from sea. I also had beers at Kuta, Eeeek! One evil Gomorrah. I
checked Paddy's and found the place decent. The Sari Club too. Popularity of
the latter was quite mysterious to me: full of ozis tightly packed in a tent
like establishment. Lord saved me from the destiny of Sodom this time
though. I flew out on 27th September 2002. Other "expatriates" should have
done the same. Better luck next time. Perhaps in Pattaya.

Old February 3rd, 2004, 08:42 PM
Sjoerd

"Markku Grönroos" schreef in bericht

"Sjoerd" wrote in message

you do compare to the date of mailing (whether you have a

comprehensive
database for this or you check the date on the envelope or both).

My mother loves receiving postcards and I regularly send her one. I

always
put the date on my postcards, and my mother puts the date on which she
receives it on the card. Complicado, no?

So, you mother always checks the time difference and let you know? How do
you get along with in a case deliveries never get their destination? How

do
you record this?

I forgot to tell you that my best friend is the General-Director for Quality
Control of International Mail - Asia Section for TPG (former Netherlands
Royal Mail). Under his leadership, management and control, the department
did a 8-month study of the quality of the mail services in Thailand,
Malaysia, India, Pakistan, Vietnam, China, Japan, South Korea, Indonesia and
Singapore.
106,472 items of mail (postcards, letters, and parcels) were mailed from
random locations in these 10 countries and at random moments during the
8-month study. All exact times of mailing and delivery were registered.
After a thorough analysis which was quality controlled by 3 well-known
professors of renowned Universities in the Netherlands, the UK and Spain,
the results were recently published.
Main conclusion was that the quality of Thai Post is excellent compared to
the postal services in the other 9 countries. All 10,647 items mailed from
Thailand arrived after 2 to 7 days at their destinations in Europe.

Sjoerd