When You Hear The Heavy Accent & The Poor Phone Connection... HANGUP!!! ------ 2tDMpvDi

Old March 30th, 2004, 04:34 AM
michael

Default When You Hear The Heavy Accent & The Poor Phone Connection...HANG UP!!! ------ 2tDMpvDi

John L wrote:

I have nothing against Indians per se (my best mate is one),

bwahahahahahaha....bwahahahahahaha...bwahahahahaha ha

michael

Old March 30th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Edwardseco

Default When You Hear The Heavy Accent & The Poor Phone Connection... HANG UP!!!

In article , John L
writes:

consultancies with both telcos & banks, & I'm quite aware of the
Corporations act. I don't believe it says anywhere in the act that
companies have to act immorally.

None of the companies I deal with have outsourced & all are showing higher
profits than their counterparts.

Uh huh.

As an economist I have to second Miguel's comment. You must be totally unaware
of what is happening in the economy. Every day I receive such news. Its a
phenomena. But...
edwardseco
Old March 30th, 2004, 10:58 PM
John L

I'll give it my deep & undivided attentioon & pray to God, Buddha
Shiva.& whatever other diety I can think of to save my mortal soul for
my transgressions. Now go get a life.

John L.

On 29 Mar 2004 04:38:25 GMT, (Edwardseco) wrote:

In article , John L
writes:

ommon denominator is that this
outsourcing is being done by the greediest & most socially immoral
entities

The next time you shop at a cheaper petrol station or take advantage of a sale
at a store think about it.
edwardseco

Old March 30th, 2004, 11:06 PM
John L

I owe you nothing Pete, I stated my opinions, you don't like them
that's tough. Try to get over your shoe fetish & go back to your bike
riding & bench pressing & I'll get on with my business. As I stated to
Miguel, you can chalk it up as a win in your strange world where
winnig at everythig is important.

John L.

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 12:49:54 +1000, "Peter Webb"
wrote:

Your argument seems to have degenerated into you saying:

"I am a consultant to banks and telcos. Therefore I know what I am talking
about. You have not stated your professional qualifications, therefor your
argument is wrong"

I would prefer to argue the merits of the moral argument, as this would
appear independent of the employment of the person advancing the argument.
But as an aside, and as already stated:

1. I do not work for Banks or telcos.
2. I am not professionally involved in call centres.

My questions (not statements) concerning your purchasing habits were an
attempt to determine your moral position and its consistency.

So lets take this from the top; straight answers please:

1. Have you ever bought a pair of shoes manufactured off-shore? (Hint, if
they cost less than about $300, they weren't made in Australia).

2, Assuming you have ever bought a pair of shoes worth less than $300, what
is the moral difference between your decision to use offshore labour for
cheap shoes and the banks decision to use offshore labour for call centres
(other than you are spending your own money, and Banks are spending
shareholders money)?