ATTN. Boracay Bill !

Old June 15th, 2004, 12:41 AM
Boracay Bill

Default ATTN. Boracay Bill !

"Willy Eckerslyke" wrote in message ...
Just *picking your brain*, mate !

Are you still in the know the balikbayan regulations ?

Me & the missus have just booked a couple of months hols. in the Phils. ,
for early next year.

The ticket *bucket-shop* just rang to ask me "do you know that you'll need a
visa, for a stay of more than 21 days ?".

I expained, as I did when I booked the flights, that my missus is an ex-flip
national & about the balikbayan regs.

The young guy STILL insisted that we'll need visas, for more than 21 days
stay. It wasn't the case, when we stayed for 2 months , last year.

Have the balikbayan terms changed ?

Cheers, in advance, for any advice !

In general, non-Filipinos from most countries can enter the RP without
a visa. A 21 day visa is issued at the airport. This 21 day visa can
be extended by another 38 days, making 59 days total. The 59 day stay
can be further extended in 59 day increments for up to a year. This
is a bit oversimplified but close enough in most cases.

If you are returning with your spouse and your spouse is either (1) a
former Filipino or (2) a Filipino who has been outside the RP for over
a year, you may be given a Balikbayan visa which will allow you to
stay in the RP for up to a year without renewing your visa.

See the following:

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/GEnera...-mainframe.htm
http://www.philcongenla.org/content....balikbayan.ini
http://www.chanrobles.com/republicactno6768.htm
Old June 15th, 2004, 12:47 AM
Willy Eckerslyke

Ayup Bill !

Well, here we go.

Still haven't got the info. balikbayan ........ BUT !!!! ........ I
reckon you could be in the Guiness book of records, by this time next week,
for being in the opening header of " THE LONGEST rec.travel.asia THREAD EVER
".

Now .... if I can just keep *baiting* these ignorant, interfering knobhounds
( whose UNrequested butting-in has continued), I reckon it's on !

Better still ..... if it gets to the end of next year ...... after I've
found out about balikbayan .... taken our holiday & got back ...... maybe
there'll be some kind of big prize for the world's biggest ever Usenet
thread ?!

Hang on in there ..... & keep quiet .

No .... even better idea ...... assume a few fake IDs, cross-post & keep the
thread going !

Paalam !

PS. the first celebratory San Mig's on me.

;-)

Old June 15th, 2004, 12:53 AM
Willy Eckerslyke

CHEERS BILL !

Thanks for the info.

A bunch of dickheads hi-jacked the original post/thread.

........ errm ... as you've probably noticed !

Ignore the rest of the thread. FOOLS took it over, whiilst I was waiting
your reply.

All the very best to you & yours, mate.

AB. (UK)

om...

Old June 15th, 2004, 04:10 PM
Edwardseco

In article , "Willy Eckerslyke"
writes:

If you really are a Pinoy, then you should be addressing me as "Sir".

Well, I guess it all comes out. So much for the protestations..
Old June 18th, 2004, 05:05 PM
Pauli

Hey cb,

hab a look @ a thread in soc.culture.filipino :

FLIP is not a racist word

These coments are submitted by filipinos

Should give u some insight into our thinking and self-understanding.

Pauli

"cb" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I suggest you refrain from using the word "flip" when you refer to
Filipinos. I realize that you were referring to your "missus", but there

are
potentially a lot of Filipinos reading theses post who could take that the
wrong way. Almost like referring to Japanese as "Japs" or the Chinese as
"chinks" and on and on. Not trying to be a moderator for this group but as
the Filipinos would say, a bit of "delicadesa" would really be in order.

,