Bangkok airport transit hotel

Old August 27th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Alfred Molon

Default Bangkok airport transit hotel

There should be a hotel in the transit area of the Bangkok airport. How
comfortable is it ? Do they have a website ?
--

Alfred Molon
http://www.molon.de - 6000 photos from Asia, Africa and Europe
Old August 27th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Markku Grönroos

"Alfred Molon" kirjoitti
s.com...
There should be a hotel in the transit area of the Bangkok airport. How
comfortable is it ? Do they have a website ?

I don't think so.The Amari Airport Hotel is closest to the airport and on
the other side of the Vibhavadee Rangsit toll road.

Old August 27th, 2005, 10:07 PM
Miguel Cruz

Alfred Molon wrote:
There should be a hotel in the transit area of the Bangkok airport. How
comfortable is it ? Do they have a website ?

The Amari, across the street and train tracks from the International
Terminal (accessible via pedestrian overpass) is way overpriced (over US$120
for a hotel room that would be $40 anywhere else in Bangkok). There are
perfectly good hotels right near the hotel, such as the Comfort Inn, that
will pick you up for free and charge much more reasonable rates (I think the
Comfort is around $30). It's a 5-minute ride.

Web site for the Amari Airport Hotel:

http://www.amari.com/airport/

miguel
Old August 27th, 2005, 10:11 PM
Mister Max

Alfred Molon posted:

There should be a hotel in the transit area of the Bangkok airport. How
comfortable is it ? Do they have a website ?

Alfred, there have been many, many posts about hotels near the airport, and
many different recommendations. Only the Amari is directly connected to
the airport, by a bridge over the highway, but it's not in the transit
area. It's expensive and not wonderful.
- Max

--
MisterMax

http://buten.net/max/
Slideshows of Angkor Wat, Bali, Crete, France, Malaysia, Maui, Morocco,
Mt Holly, Myanmar (new), Sicily, St Tropez, Singapore, Thailand (new), Tour
de France.

http://pbase.com/mistermax - Shadows and Reflections
Old August 27th, 2005, 11:19 PM
Alfred Molon

In article 36, Mister
Max says...

Alfred, there have been many, many posts about hotels near the airport, and
many different recommendations. Only the Amari is directly connected to
the airport, by a bridge over the highway, but it's not in the transit
area. It's expensive and not wonderful.

Thanks. Actually I just want to avoid immigrating into Thailand for one
night, because at the departure there will be a 500 Baht departure tax.
Since we are three (BTW, do babies pay?) this amounts to a total of 1500
Baht, which would be nice to avoid. If you instead don't leave the
transit zone, you don't have to pay the departure tax.

Old August 27th, 2005, 11:24 PM
Ralph Holz

Hi,

There should be a hotel in the transit area of the Bangkok airport. How
comfortable is it ? Do they have a website ?

I stayed one night in the Asia Airport Hotel once. Reasonably cheap
(36USD/person/night), it is a hotel aimed at business men. There's nothing
impressive or special about it, but it is clean. They say they offer free
shuttle rides to and fro the airport, but in my experience only at those times
when there are enough people who want to go. In my case, I waited almost 2 hours
at the airport for the shuttle to arrive.

If this doesn't deter you, you can find them through Google.

Ralph

--
For contact details, please see www.ralphholz.de.
Old August 28th, 2005, 04:11 AM
Markku Grönroos

"Alfred Molon" kirjoitti
s.com...
In article 36, Mister
Max says...

Alfred, there have been many, many posts about hotels near the airport,
and
many different recommendations. Only the Amari is directly connected to
the airport, by a bridge over the highway, but it's not in the transit
area. It's expensive and not wonderful.

Thanks. Actually I just want to avoid immigrating into Thailand for one
night, because at the departure there will be a 500 Baht departure tax.
Since we are three (BTW, do babies pay?) this amounts to a total of 1500
Baht, which would be nice to avoid. If you instead don't leave the
transit zone, you don't have to pay the departure tax.

It seems that children under two years of age are exempt from the fee. Lucky
you.

Old August 28th, 2005, 12:16 PM
Viviane

We stayed at the Amari a few years ago and the best that could be said is
that it was convenient. The rooms weren't very clean, it was expensive and
staff were unhelpful. It's worth a short trip to get better accommodation.
You won't be in the transit area anyway at the Amari and the few extra
minutes is worth the effort. A girlfriend stayed at the Comfort recently
and she said it was Ok and she is fussy!

We had to pay departure tax for our daughter last year (she was 6) and it
was the same rate as for adults. Younger kids may be exempt.

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
In article 36, Mister
Max says...

Old August 28th, 2005, 09:13 PM
Tony Braden

Yes there is, I have not stayed at it but here is the hyperlink.
http://www.miraclegrandhotel.com/dayroom.html