Kenya..is it safe?

Old January 30th, 2008, 03:42 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Africatraveler

Default Kenya..is it safe?

On Jan 24, 3:25 am, "the_niner_nation"
wrote:
Hi..just wondering if any of the regular posters in here think it might be
okay to visit kenya later this year?

i am thinking of visiting again sometime in aug/september to do a week
safari in masai mara and a week in samburu, and 3 days in amboseli...i know
it's troubles are extremly volatile and unpredictable..

thnaks.

Hello
Just saw your post..I live in Kenya and would like to update you on
the situation.
Currently the Coastal regions which include Mombasa are calm now and
the
situation is getting back to normal

Its in the Rift Valley province and Western Kenya where the trouble is
the worst
especially Naivasha area. Samburu and Amboseli regions are safe and I
havent seen
any violence going on in these areas.

I grew up in Nakuru town, home to Lake Nakuru National park. My
parents told me
that things have calmed down..its only in the village areas that we
have cases of violence
coming up

Looking at pictures on CNN or Aljezeera, one might think Kenya has
plunged into a full
scale civil war..i assure you its not..though i cant deny the violence
is there...but to be
very honest its selected regions that have been affected. Other parts
of the country
people are moving on
Old January 31st, 2008, 12:36 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Hans-Georg Michna

Have you seen or heard anything about the refugees camping near
the Lanet barracks or police station? Are they still there?

What is Nakuru town looking like now? Are the shops open, people
in the streets? Does anybody have fresh news from Nakuru?

Hans-Georg
--
No mail, please.
Old February 1st, 2008, 05:18 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
the_niner_nation

"Hans-Georg Michna" wrote in message
Have you seen or heard anything about the refugees camping near
the Lanet barracks or police station? Are they still there?

What is Nakuru town looking like now? Are the shops open, people
in the streets? Does anybody have fresh news from Nakuru?

Hans-Georg
--
No mail, please.

Hans..I got a call from a friend in Nakuru yesterday ..it is calm but there
is a good deal of tension in the air. Shops and businesses are running, but
the flow of people is very low. My friend there owns a business in Nakuru
and he is leaving Kenya to return to England with his wife and family this
weekend until it is 'safe' to return...

Old February 1st, 2008, 12:50 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Hans-Georg Michna

On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 04:18:22 -0000, the_niner_nation wrote:

"Hans-Georg Michna" wrote in message
.. .

Have you seen or heard anything about the refugees camping near
the Lanet barracks or police station? Are they still there?

What is Nakuru town looking like now? Are the shops open, people
in the streets? Does anybody have fresh news from Nakuru?

Hans..I got a call from a friend in Nakuru yesterday ..it is calm but there
is a good deal of tension in the air. Shops and businesses are running, but
the flow of people is very low. My friend there owns a business in Nakuru
and he is leaving Kenya to return to England with his wife and family this
weekend until it is 'safe' to return...

Thanks for the info!

I cannot reach friends in Nakuru, hence my questions.

Hans-Georg
--
No mail, please.
Old February 2nd, 2008, 09:35 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
Runge 9

Maybe you could find another destination in this big world ????
Is it really necessary to go right there at this very moment ??
Duh

.. .

Old February 2nd, 2008, 09:38 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
Runge 9

Western politicians have nothing to do with this, blame the 2 greedy
politicians at first....and the stupid black men who rampage and kill
without knowing why they do it in the first place.

"the_niner_nation" a écrit dans le message
de .. .

I think anyone just wanting to go on a paradise tropical holiday to
Kenya at this time Should seek another destination until the KNY
situation has completely been sorted. And I truly believe it will be a
few years until things get back to nornmal. If not a decade.

Anyway I wish you all the very best if you decide to risk a trip and
Good Luck - You will need it.

Regards

Mbanbo

Mbanbo..

you have convinced me not to vacation in Kenya this year...and I am not
utterly dissapointed that my vacation plans have been altered, but
devestated that there are 2 grown African men in Kenya whose arrogance is
causing something that could lead to a massacre and abuse of humanity that
a civilised world in the 21st century should never expereince.

Personally, I am fearing for the worst in Kenya, but hoping for the
best..I wonder if this time the çivilised'west will turn their backs on
genocide like they did in Rwanda and darfur...

my bet is that where africans are killing africans, the 'civilised 'west
wont care less...and my heart is bleeding for the beautiful people of the
beautiful country of kenya.

the hypocricy of western politicians saying that 'this must never happen
again' ..is looming around the corner.

Old February 2nd, 2008, 09:38 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
Runge 9

LOL

"TourKenya" a écrit dans le message de
lkabouttravelling.com...
Possibilities for calming down later this year are quite high.With
international mediators inciatiting dialogue for both political divide,
very soon Kenya will retain its MOTTO Peace, Love and Unity as it has been
for over forty years since independence.

--
Message posted using
http://www.talkabouttravelling.com/g...travel.africa/

Old February 2nd, 2008, 01:10 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
the_niner_nation

well,not your fault as you don't know, but I was born in kenya and have
friends and family there.

perhaps i could ask them to move to florida so we can meet up there??

and if you read the post, it actually says for travel in AUG/SEPTEMBER...

thats hardly ' this moment', is it?

Duuuhhhh

Old February 12th, 2008, 01:26 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
Dave Heil

the_niner_nation wrote:
I think anyone just wanting to go on a paradise tropical holiday to
Kenya at this time Should seek another destination until the KNY
situation has completely been sorted. And I truly believe it will be a
few years until things get back to nornmal. If not a decade.

Anyway I wish you all the very best if you decide to risk a trip and
Good Luck - You will need it.

Regards

Mbanbo

Mbanbo..

you have convinced me not to vacation in Kenya this year...and I am not
utterly dissapointed that my vacation plans have been altered, but
devestated that there are 2 grown African men in Kenya whose arrogance is
causing something that could lead to a massacre and abuse of humanity that a
civilised world in the 21st century should never expereince.

Two grown men? Africa is full of such men.

Personally, I am fearing for the worst in Kenya, but hoping for the best..I
wonder if this time the çivilised'west will turn their backs on genocide
like they did in Rwanda and darfur...

Why is it that the West is somehow responsible forever and ever for
Africa's political and military problems?

my bet is that where africans are killing africans, the 'civilised 'west
wont care less...and my heart is bleeding for the beautiful people of the
beautiful country of kenya.

I think those beautiful people should sit down in their beautiful
country and settle their problems in a civilized manner. They need to
agree that an election settles things in the near term. The man who is
elected is in charge until the end of his term. Of course, before that
can happen, they'll have to agree to stop the massive election fraud.

The only place in Africa where I've not observed such fraud and
corruption is the nation of Botswana.

the hypocricy of western politicians saying that 'this must never happen
again' ..is looming around the corner.

Quit blaming Western politicians for the woes of Africa. Let Africans
step up and shoulder the burden.

If you've never observed that which I've pointed out, you've never lived
in Africa.

Dave Heil