In Brooklyn, New York for New Years..anywhere descent and cheap??

Old October 27th, 2004, 05:56 AM
Rita

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 14:13:14 +0000, eoyn2004
wrote:

Hello,

I am flying to New York on Dec. 27th and would like to stay in Brooklyn.
I am there till Jan 13th. I have searched the internet high and dry, and
everything is either crap, or extremely expensive. I am a budget travel
and would like to have my own room and bed, plus my girlfriend lives
there and will be staying with me for most nights. Does anybody know
anything descent from experience? Im sure that there must be places that
dont advertise on the net, but do exist. Any help is greatly
appreciated. Thanks. Ian.

Brooklyn, while an interesting borough of New York City well worth
visiting, is not a travel mecca. Brooklyn simply is not a destination
in and of itself for tourists. Manhattan is where they want to be.
Thus Brooklyn does not have many hotels and other than a luxury hotel
in downtown Brooklyn they are not attractive accomodations. There are
a few interesting B and B's in the Park Slope area of Brooklyn, and they
are quite pricey though charming. You most probably have turned up all
there are in your Internet search.

Old October 27th, 2004, 07:09 PM
Dan Checkman

wrote:

[...]

Yeah, I don't think there are too many "budget" options in Brooklyn.
The only hotel I can think of is the Marriott (in the "downtown" area
near the Fulton Mall). I don't know what the rates are, but I think
they tend to cater more often to business travelers, so I doubt
they're in a "budgtet" sort of range.

Old October 31st, 2004, 02:29 PM
Shawn Hearn

In article ,
(Dan Checkman) wrote:

. ..

wrote:

[...]

No to mention that the New Years Eve period is probably the single
most expensive and crowded time to stay anywhere in New York City.