Carry on Restrictions on International Flight

Old October 9th, 2009, 08:19 PM posted to rec.travel.air
bob edwards

Default Carry on Restrictions on International Flight

We are flying from Barcelona to San Francisco.. We have booked the
flight on American Airlines but will have to fly the first leg
(Barcelona-London) on British Air. Will we be able to bring aboard a
small bag and a regular carry on as on domestic flights or be limited
by BA rules?
Old October 9th, 2009, 10:29 PM posted to rec.travel.air
JohnT[_4_]

"bob edwards" wrote in message
We are flying from Barcelona to San Francisco.. We have booked the
flight on American Airlines but will have to fly the first leg
(Barcelona-London) on British Air. Will we be able to bring aboard a
small bag and a regular carry on as on domestic flights or be limited
by BA rules?

British Airways don't make the rules. They are the rules of Governments
within the EU. You can find details at
http://www.britishairways.com/travel...=searchResults
The rules apply to your BCN-LHR flight and also to your LHR-SFO flight on
American Airlines.
--
JohnT

Old October 9th, 2009, 11:10 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Jeff Hacker

"bob edwards" wrote in message
We are flying from Barcelona to San Francisco.. We have booked the
flight on American Airlines but will have to fly the first leg
(Barcelona-London) on British Air. Will we be able to bring aboard a
small bag and a regular carry on as on domestic flights or be limited
by BA rules?

The rules aren't BA but British government. So you'll be bound by British
governmental regulations concerning carry-on bags. You might call BA, since
you're starting out in Barcelona, and you MIGHT be okay (although I'm not
sure the British would let you get on with excessive carry on).

Jeff

Old October 10th, 2009, 03:56 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Gerard Farrell[_2_]

Whilst the UK Government may possibly set the rules there is certainly some
leeway between airports and carriers. KLM for example started allowing
passengers flying out of non-BAA operated airports to carry on 2 items
whilst BAA continued to enforce a 1 bag limit in their airports. Note that
BAA is an airport operator and should not be confused with BA, the airline
in question.

BA's web site says adults can carry 1 bag and 1 personal item. Details on
sizes etc are at http://www.britishairways.com/travel...n/public/en_gb.

You should also check the Barcelona airport web site as they may have their
own restrictions. But you best bet is to call AA and ask them directly.

Gerard

Old October 19th, 2009, 01:43 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Carol Eskra

When I flew Air Lingus I actually saw luggage in the aisle, which would
never be permitted on a U.S. carrier.

Old October 21st, 2009, 12:02 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Sancho Panza[_1_]

"Carol Eskra" wrote in message
When I flew Air Lingus I actually saw luggage in the aisle, which would
never be permitted on a U.S. carrier.

How did the flight attendants offer services like beverages and/or snacks?

Old October 24th, 2009, 05:44 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Carol Eskra

Luggage was piled up in the aisle at the rear of the plane.