Hotel Seoul

Old November 25th, 2003, 05:04 PM
Sue Wright

Default Hotel Seoul

Arriving in Seoul, possibly late at night. Can any recent visitors tell me
if there will be hotel touts/reps at the airport offering discounts on
business class hotels such as a Sheraton or similar? How much could I
expect to pay for such a hotel.
Thanks for any help. Sue
www.wright-photo.com

Old November 30th, 2003, 09:30 PM
Life in Asia

"Sue Wright" wrote in message ...
Arriving in Seoul, possibly late at night. Can any recent visitors tell me
if there will be hotel touts/reps at the airport offering discounts on
business class hotels such as a Sheraton or similar? How much could I
expect to pay for such a hotel.
Thanks for any help. Sue
www.wright-photo.com

Much better to make a reservation before arrival. Unless things have
changed (VERY unlikely), indvidual hotels don't have reps at the
airport. KNTO and another firm have staff that can make hotel
reservations for you, but I don't know how late they stay. And the
prices are likely to be more than you could find ahead of time.
Old December 1st, 2003, 04:03 AM
Tchiowa

(Life in Asia) wrote in message . com...
"Sue Wright" wrote in message ...
Arriving in Seoul, possibly late at night. Can any recent visitors tell me
if there will be hotel touts/reps at the airport offering discounts on
business class hotels such as a Sheraton or similar? How much could I
expect to pay for such a hotel.
Thanks for any help. Sue
www.wright-photo.com

Much better to make a reservation before arrival. Unless things have
changed (VERY unlikely), indvidual hotels don't have reps at the
airport. KNTO and another firm have staff that can make hotel
reservations for you, but I don't know how late they stay. And the
prices are likely to be more than you could find ahead of time.

And don't look for cheap business class hotels in Seoul. I stayed at
the Marriott in Seoul a few months back and got the best corporate
discount the company could muster, and it was nearly $200/night.
Old December 1st, 2003, 05:57 AM
Chris Blunt

"Sue Wright" wrote in message ...
Arriving in Seoul, possibly late at night. Can any recent visitors tell me
if there will be hotel touts/reps at the airport offering discounts on
business class hotels such as a Sheraton or similar? How much could I
expect to pay for such a hotel.
Thanks for any help. Sue
www.wright-photo.com

Much better to make a reservation before arrival. Unless things have
changed (VERY unlikely), indvidual hotels don't have reps at the
airport. KNTO and another firm have staff that can make hotel
reservations for you, but I don't know how late they stay. And the
prices are likely to be more than you could find ahead of time.

And don't look for cheap business class hotels in Seoul. I stayed at
the Marriott in Seoul a few months back and got the best corporate
discount the company could muster, and it was nearly $200/night.

Hotels know that many large corporations don't care too much what they
pay, as long as they're not being totally ripped off. Even as a
private individual you can normally beat most corporate rates by using
a travel agent. Rooms at the JW Marriott in Seoul go for about $80 a
night through Priceline.com.

Old December 2nd, 2003, 06:15 AM
Steven M. Scharf

"Tchiowa" wrote in message
om...

And don't look for cheap business class hotels in Seoul. I stayed at
the Marriott in Seoul a few months back and got the best corporate
discount the company could muster, and it was nearly $200/night.

True. I've stayed at the Grand Hyattt, the Coex Intercontinental and the
other Intercontinental, and the Radisson. There were no good deals
available. It was often hard to get a room, even at the high prices.

But I think that the Korean branded hotels may be more reasonable, i.e. the
Koreana, President, Lotte.

Old December 4th, 2003, 12:35 AM
Sue Wright

Thanks Steven and everyone else who replied. My friend who is leaving in a
few weeks booked a suitable hotel online as suggested - for $75 US.
Regards Sue www.wright-photo.com
"Steven M. Scharf" wrote in message
hlink.net...