Corrupt Greek System "SCAMS" 10,000 Euros from 2 teenaged Tourists

Old September 2nd, 2006, 10:25 PM posted to soc.culture.greek,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.misc,alt.travel.greece,uk.legal

Default Dead maggots and flies in supermarket freezer at Bromley, London

Dave Frightens Me wrote:

On 02 Sep 2006 18:11:38 GMT, sar3 wrote:

Miss Wallis says she was so disgusted with the store's attitude she left
her shopping and went to another supermarket.

Gosh, that's some serious disgust.

Don't ever let it be said the Brits don't know how to complain!

I know you're having a laugh and all that, but it does seem that you're
pretty selective in your quoting when it serves your point. You forgot
the bit about-

"Miss Willis has also made a complaint to Bromley Council's
Environmental Health Department, which says it is looking into the
matter."

What's a proper complaint then- burning down the shop?

On the local TV news last night, there was an item about one of the
restaurants in Rusholme where a diner found a cockroach under a papadum.
She complained to the council, and the restaurant has been heavily
fined, and I don't think the fact it was feaured on the telly has helped
it much either.

--
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
http://homepage.mac.com/davidhornecomposer http://soundjunction.org
Old September 3rd, 2006, 12:09 AM posted to soc.culture.greek,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.misc,alt.travel.greece,uk.legal
Dave Frightens Me

On Sat, 2 Sep 2006 22:25:23 +0100,
(David Horne, _the_ chancellor of
the royal duchy of city south and deansgate) wrote:

Dave Frightens Me wrote:

On 02 Sep 2006 18:11:38 GMT, sar3 wrote:

Miss Wallis says she was so disgusted with the store's attitude she left
her shopping and went to another supermarket.

Gosh, that's some serious disgust.

Don't ever let it be said the Brits don't know how to complain!

I know you're having a laugh and all that, but it does seem that you're
pretty selective in your quoting when it serves your point. You forgot
the bit about-

"Miss Willis has also made a complaint to Bromley Council's
Environmental Health Department, which says it is looking into the
matter."

Maybe Jamie Oliver should change supermarkets.

What's a proper complaint then- burning down the shop?

I'd insist the manager agreed on a total product recall, with everyone
looking on. If that didn't work, make some suggestions that their
could be used prophylactics in the lettuce too, and that he should
personally ensure it wasn't the case. That oughta get a decent
response.

(Would you believe I don't embarrass easily?)
--
---
DFM -
Old September 3rd, 2006, 01:31 AM posted to soc.culture.greek,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.misc,alt.travel.greece,uk.legal
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

deansgate wrote:

Dave Frightens Me wrote:

[...]

Having worked in the restaurant industry in the U.S., I
realize that, even with weekly exterminator service, it is
virtually impossible to avoid cockroaches in restaurants
(they come in with the deliveries). I remember the time my
ex and I left a Mexican restaurant here (hurriedly), when a
roach began crawling toward us along the back of the bench
where we were having our coffee (and we never went back,
even though the food was excellent). When their populations
become so large that they invade the dining room and get
into the food, one can assume the problem is out of hand,
and requires special attention!

Old September 3rd, 2006, 11:30 AM posted to soc.culture.greek,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.misc,alt.travel.greece,uk.legal
Miss L. Toe

deansgate wrote:

Dave Frightens Me wrote:

[...]

Try changing suppliers ?

Old September 3rd, 2006, 12:11 PM posted to soc.culture.greek,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.misc,alt.travel.greece,uk.legal
tim \(back at home\)

Default 'Police didn't help us' after car crash in Bromley

"sar3" wrote in message
reenews.net...

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/display.var.898151.0.0.php

"Our engine caught fire and the car filled with smoke. Both my friends
passed out.

"The police who came to the scene went straight to the van but didn't help
us at all. I had to drag my friends out."

This is a very difficult call.

One should *never* move someone, who cannot move
themself, at the scene of an accident unless their life is in
imminent danger.

The police will have been taught this. Perhaps they assessed
the scene as safe.

tim

Old September 3rd, 2006, 02:20 PM posted to soc.culture.greek,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.misc,alt.travel.greece,uk.legal
ﻡжiЯפ Я ©®@ρ

Default ’Police didn’t help us to MAUL Greece 70-47 in Mundobasket finals

sar3 wrote:
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/display.var.898182.0.0.php

03/09/2006

Game Report, Spain vs Greece, 70-47 GOLD MEDAL GAME
SAITAMA (FIBA World Championship) – Spain played their hearts out for
injured hero Pau Gasol and captured their first world title with a
70-47 mauling of Greece on Sunday.

Gasol, their superstar power forward who led the team in scoring and
rebounding as they went undefeated in the build-up to the FIBA World
Championship and the tournament itself, suffered a partial fracture of
his fifth metatarsal in his left foot late in Friday’s semi-final win
over Argentina and was ruled out of the game.

The Spanish got inspirational efforts from Jorge Garbajosa, Juan Carlos
Navarro, captain Carlos Jimenez, Felipe Reyes and Marc Gasol, Pau's
21-year-old brother, and rolled to a 70-47 triumph.

Pau Gasol, because he had been so dominate in the tournament before the
injury, was honoured as the tournament’s Most Valuable Player after
the Spanish team was presented with its gold medals.

“This is fantastic,” said Spain coach Pepu Hernandez.

“We’ve come out with so much emotion on the court and we are world
champions.”

Spain's victory in their first final means they finished the summer
unbeaten and qualified for the 2008 Olympics in Beijing.

The defeat ends a terrific run for Greece, who went unbeaten in the
very difficult Group C in Hamamatsu.

They also beat the United States 101-95 in their semi-final.

“We had a tough game against the USA so we came into this game with a
lot of nerves,” said Greece’s legendary coach Panagiotis Yannakis.

“It's unbelievable to see two European teams in the final. We saw
that the level of basketball in Europe is very high.”

Players wore a T-shirt which read “Pau tambien juega” (Pau is also
playing) as they entered the court before the game.

Felipe Reyes started in Pau Gasol’s place and had 10 points –
including six of the team’s first 10 – while coach Pepu Hernandez
went to Marc Gasol early and he rewarded him with seven rebounds, two
points and excellent defense to neutralise the impact of Greek center
Sofoklis Schortsianitis.

Feyes’ jump shot put Spain in front at 10-9 and Jose Manuel Calderon
and Navarro followed with three-pointers as Herndez’s team built a
lead they would never lose.

By the end of the opening quarter, Spain led 18-12, and they delivered
a knockout punch at the start of the second.

Navarro started things off with a jumper inside the arc, and Garbajosa
buried back-to-back three-pointers before Navarro struck again with a
basket to take the lead to 28-12.

Greece’s players and their fans were shell-shocked.

They had trailed Qatar by the same deficit in their first game of Group
C and come back to win easily, but Spain are a far better side and they
pressed home the advantage.

When Berni Rodriguez nailed a three-pointer – Spain’s sixth of the
first half – with just three seconds remaining in the second quarter,
Pau Gasol jumped up from his seat on the bench and hopped on one foot
to celebrate as they took a 43-23 lead to the changing rooms.

Greece closed to 43-27 on Dimitris Diamantidis’ jumper less than two
minutes into the third quarter, but Spain quickly restored their lead
and cruised to victory.

Jose Luis Saez, the president of the Spanish federation, said: “This
is the greatest basketball lesson I have ever seen.

“It’s a lesson of pride, rage and team effort.

“Everybody thought that without Gasol, we had no chance but Spain has
proved it has a team, and Pau Gasol was today the best player on the
court.

“I just want the Spanish people to enjoy this moment.”

Garbajosa and Navarro led the scoring parade with 20 points apiece with
the former a scintillating six of 11 from the arc and Navarro four of
nine.

Jimenez was immense on the boards and defense. He had 11 rebounds and
two steals to go with his four points and was a warrior in the paint
against Greece’s big men.

Mihalis Kakiouzis had 17 points to pace Greece and Theo Papaloukas
added 10.

By Jeff Taylor, FIBA

Old September 3rd, 2006, 02:32 PM posted to soc.culture.greek,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.misc,alt.travel.greece,uk.legal
PhantomX

Seanie bitch,You are the result of a lifetime of wanking. Your parents
started
wanking you and now your wife and daughter have to keep wanking you.
Find medical help before its too late.

Old September 4th, 2006, 02:57 PM posted to soc.culture.greek,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.misc,alt.travel.greece,uk.legal
The Todal

reenews.net...

deansgate wrote:

On the local TV news last night, there was an item about one of the
restaurants in Rusholme where a diner found a cockroach under a
papadum.
She complained to the council, and the restaurant has been heavily
fined, and I don't think the fact it was feaured on the telly has
helped
it much either.

Having worked in the restaurant industry in the U.S., I
realize that, even with weekly exterminator service, it is
virtually impossible to avoid cockroaches in restaurants
(they come in with the deliveries).

Try changing suppliers ?

With the right insecticides it should be possible to ensure that all
cockroaches in the food are dead, and the food is only mildly neurotoxic.

Old September 5th, 2006, 06:54 PM posted to soc.culture.greek,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.misc,alt.travel.greece,uk.legal
Viking

On Sun, 3 Sep 2006 12:11:57 +0100, "tim \(back at home\)"
wrote:

"sar3" wrote in message
freenews.net...

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/display.var.898151.0.0.php

"Our engine caught fire and the car filled with smoke. Both my friends
passed out.

"The police who came to the scene went straight to the van but didn't help
us at all. I had to drag my friends out."

This is a very difficult call.

One should *never* move someone, who cannot move
themself, at the scene of an accident unless their life is in
imminent danger.

The police will have been taught this. Perhaps they assessed
the scene as safe.

Did you read the part that said?: "Our engine caught fire and the car
filled with smoke. Both my friends passed out."
Old September 5th, 2006, 07:14 PM posted to soc.culture.greek,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.misc,alt.travel.greece,uk.legal
Frank F. Matthews

Viking wrote:

On Sun, 3 Sep 2006 12:11:57 +0100, "tim \(back at home\)"
wrote:

"sar3" wrote in message
dfreenews.net...

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/display.var.898151.0.0.php

"Our engine caught fire and the car filled with smoke. Both my friends
passed out.

"The police who came to the scene went straight to the van but didn't help
us at all. I had to drag my friends out."

This is a very difficult call.

One should *never* move someone, who cannot move
themself, at the scene of an accident unless their life is in
imminent danger.

The police will have been taught this. Perhaps they assessed
the scene as safe.

Did you read the part that said?: "Our engine caught fire and the car
filled with smoke. Both my friends passed out."

I suppose that they should have thought to open the windows. It is
often hard for crash victims to function well though.