Euro hits new two-year high against dollar

Old April 16th, 2007, 07:06 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Keith Anderson

Default Euro hits new two-year high against dollar

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 19:01:25 +0100, Keith Anderson
wrote:

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 17:53:54 GMT, "Gregory Morrow"
wrote:

Oh, that reminds me, I need to get busy and send for a copy of my Stasi
file...

http://www.bstu.bund.de/nn_710332/EN...html__nnn=true

This is where to start

Keith, Bristol, UK
Old April 16th, 2007, 07:25 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Lennart Petersen

"Magda" magda@eu skrev i meddelandet
On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 17:41:15 GMT, in rec.travel.europe, "Lennart Petersen"
arranged some electrons, so they looked like
this:

... "Magda" magda@eu skrev i meddelandet
... ...
... On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 13:56:09 GMT, in rec.travel.europe, "Lennart
Petersen"
... arranged some electrons, so they
looked like
... this:
... ...
... ...
... ... "Magda" magda@eu skrev i meddelandet
... ... ...
... ... On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 16:46:41 GMT, in rec.travel.europe,
"Gregory
... Morrow"
... ... arranged some electrons, so
they
... looked
... ... like this:
... ...
... ... ...
... ... ... Magda wrote:
... ... ...
... ... ... On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 17:47:36 GMT, in rec.travel.europe,
... "Gregory
... ... Morrow"
... ... ... arranged some
electrons, so
... they
... ... looked
... ... ... like this:
... ... ...
... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote;
... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... Gregory Morrow wrote:
... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... Earl Evleth wrote:
... ... ... ...
... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... Actually it is flirting with a record high.
... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ***
... ... ... ... Euro hits new two-year high against dollar
... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... LONDON (AFP) - The euro surged on Friday to
1.3534
... dollars,
... ... the
... ... ... highest
... ... ... ... level since January 3, 2005, on expectations of
... rising
... ... eurozone
... ... ... interest
... ... ... ... rates.
... ... ... ...
... ... ... ...
... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... What is the lowest the Euro has ever been
against the
... ... ... dollar...???
... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... My first trip to Europe after the euro was
adopted, it
... was
... ... ... ... worth about 0.80 USD. How times have changed!
... ... ... ...
... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... I am kicking myself for not engaging in some
speculative
... ... currency
... ... ... trading
... ... ... ... :-(
... ... ...
... ... ... Are you saying that you have never visited Europe?
... ... ...
... ... ...
... ... ... I've visited Europe a number of times...believe it or not
you
... can buy
... ... Euros
... ... ... here in the states, luv...
... ...
... ... Well, you never mention your trips... "luv"! Are you here only
... bash
... ... pigs and other
... ... grunges?
... ...
... ... Think Greg have been talking about DDR-trips ... ?
... ... What about your own travelling ?
... Yes, what about it?
... A little more than RATP-excursions ??

Yes.

Sounds like a nice trip.

Old April 16th, 2007, 09:31 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Deeply Filled Mortician

Make credence recognised that on Mon, 16 Apr 2007 13:56:09 GMT,
"Lennart Petersen" has scripted:

"Magda" magda@eu skrev i meddelandet
.. .

Well, you never mention your trips... "luv"! Are you here only to bash
pigs and other
grunges?

Think Greg have been talking about DDR-trips ... ?
What about your own travelling ?

Greg has travelled? That'd be news to me!
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old April 17th, 2007, 12:14 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Keith Anderson

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 00:32:01 +0200, Magda magda@eu wrote:

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 00:15:13 +0200, in rec.travel.europe, Martin
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:

... Apparently you have no memory. I told you I knew about his trips to eastern
... Europe. Greg was one of Smiley's People.

What the hell are Smiley's People?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smiley's_People

Some believe that "Karla" was based on the DDR spymaster, Markus
Wolff.

Keith, Bristol, UK
Old April 17th, 2007, 12:52 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Yitzhak Isaac Goldstein

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Gregory Morrow enjoys the rare privilege (the only other two being Runge
and Stephen Bach) of living in my killfile across two or more groups
(this one and alt.activism.death-penalty). His vapid, infantile
ejaculations are so devoid of interest, that I have to confess to being
unable to fathom why _anyone_ would read him (or the other two spastics
mentioned above).

I think nearly EVERYONE here has kill-filed gRunge, and I
never heard of Stephen Bach (perhaps he does not post to
rte?). Greg Morrow is a self-confessed some-time troll with
a great sense of humour - why would you WANT to killfile him?

Cos I come here to read and post about, erm .. travel, perhaps [1]?

Y.

[1] most of the time, anyway...
--
Yitzhak Isaac Goldstein
AADP's 'left-wing Jewish intellectual'
Old April 17th, 2007, 03:38 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Frank F. Matthews

Deeply Filled Mortician wrote:

Make credence recognised that on Sun, 15 Apr 2007 11:55:56 -0400,
"Frank F. Matthews" has scripted:

Gregory Morrow wrote:

I am kicking myself for not engaging in some speculative currency trading
:-(

By not doing so you may have retained some money for traveling.

Buying currency in advance if you think that the value is good only
risks the interest which you might have gained and an occasional
exchange loss if you are really really wrong. Currency trading will
take your shirt on a short term glitch.

I transferred a pile from sterling to euros a few months back on a
glitch and did really well out of it! Naturally I wasn't sure at the
time, but looking back it was great timing.

With the benefit of a time machine, making money would be a cinch!

Not when you discover that someone had gone back a bit farther and
trapped you in a loop.

Old April 17th, 2007, 03:47 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alan S[_1_]

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 11:57:14 +0200, Magda magda@eu wrote:
snip is your new word for the day

... Jeremy never mentioned the lack of rocks in this part of the world?

That's Gregory, and the "part of the world" is France. Try to follow.

Follow? Nah, I've given up on these threads where I have to
constantly scroll down pages to see one line.

cyu,

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/
latest: Athens and The Adriatic
Old April 17th, 2007, 04:42 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Gregory Morrow[_29_]

Gregory Morrow wrote:

I am kicking myself for not engaging in some speculative currency

trading
:-(

By not doing so you may have retained some money for traveling.

Buying currency in advance if you think that the value is good only
risks the interest which you might have gained and an occasional
exchange loss if you are really really wrong. Currency trading will
take your shirt on a short term glitch.

I transferred a pile from sterling to euros a few months back on a
glitch and did really well out of it! Naturally I wasn't sure at the
time, but looking back it was great timing.

With the benefit of a time machine, making money would be a cinch!

Not when you discover that someone had gone back a bit farther and
trapped you in a loop.

Heh...DFM is "trapped" in a pussy...

)

--
Best
Greg

Old April 17th, 2007, 03:57 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Lennart Petersen

"Martin" skrev i meddelandet
On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 11:33:08 +0200, Magda magda@eu wrote:

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 00:14:18 +0100, in rec.travel.europe, Keith Anderson
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:

... On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 00:32:01 +0200, Magda magda@eu wrote:
... On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 00:15:13 +0200, in rec.travel.europe, Martin

... arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:
... ... Apparently you have no memory. I told you I knew about his
trips to eastern
... ... Europe. Greg was one of Smiley's People.
... What the hell are Smiley's People?
... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smiley's_People
... Some believe that "Karla" was based on the DDR spymaster, Markus
... Wolff.

Greg must be very old...

Markus Wolff died recently.
Martin

His last address was a nice flat in Nikolaiviertel.
http://web.telia.com/~u56600411/Wolff1.jpg
Wife's maiden name was used so you had the choice between 22 buttons to have
a chat with Marcus.
http://web.telia.com/~u56600411/Wolff2.jpg
He made a career as a cooking expert for TV after die Wende with the motto
"it's not necessary with Russian caviar"

Old April 28th, 2007, 11:09 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Anonymouse

And yes, Bush is a fascist idiot.

you shouldn't talk like that about fascists and idiots.

G.W.Bush is worse than either.

sign me: A Conservative Who DIDN'T Vote For ANY Bush.

--
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
(Bob Dylan - Absolutely Sweet Marie - Blonde on Blonde - 1966)