Amsterdam Hotel Recommendations

Old January 4th, 2007, 03:47 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Anonymouse

Default Amsterdam Hotel Recommendations

Hi,

any good recommendations for good cheap Amsterdam hotels?

I've been staying at a place out in the pijp, about 1.5 stars... but it
has an elevator and is really really close to a mainline tramline and
across the canal from an crossing tramline... and I like the breakfast.

I've stayed at Hotel Nikolas (sp?) on spui on the edge of the jordaan...
ok place, elevator, bar (though they poor cheap booze in expensive
brand bottles), ok breakfast... not real close to a tram stop but OK.

the bicycle and asterisk hotels both look interesting.

any personal favorites?

--
To live outside the law, you must be honest.
(Bob Dylan - Absolutely Sweet Marie - Blonde on Blonde - 1966)
Old January 4th, 2007, 02:18 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mike O'Sullivan

Anonymouse wrote:
Hi,

any good recommendations for good cheap Amsterdam hotels?

I've been staying at a place out in the pijp, about 1.5 stars... but it
has an elevator and is really really close to a mainline tramline and
across the canal from an crossing tramline... and I like the breakfast.

I've stayed at Hotel Nikolas (sp?) on spui on the edge of the jordaan...
ok place, elevator, bar (though they poor cheap booze in expensive
brand bottles), ok breakfast... not real close to a tram stop but OK.

the bicycle and asterisk hotels both look interesting.

The Asterisk is where I've stayed the last couple of visits. The Hotel
Kap (opposite in Den Texstraat) also looks good, but no lift.
Old January 6th, 2007, 12:20 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Bob Slay

On Jan 6, 11:59 am, itsmine wrote:
On Thu, 04 Jan 2007 14:18:37 +0000, Mike O'Sullivan
wrote:

Anonymouse wrote:
Hi,

any good recommendations for good cheap Amsterdam hotels?

I've been staying at a place out in the pijp, about 1.5 stars... but it
has an elevator and is really really close to a mainline tramline and
across the canal from an crossing tramline... and I like the breakfast.

I've stayed at Hotel Nikolas (sp?) on spui on the edge of the jordaan...
ok place, elevator, bar (though they poor cheap booze in expensive
brand bottles), ok breakfast... not real close to a tram stop but OK.

the bicycle and asterisk hotels both look interesting.

The Asterisk is where I've stayed the last couple of visits. The Hotel
Kap (opposite in Den Texstraat) also looks good, but no lift.I have stayed at both Hotel Kap and The Asterik. Essentially the

same. If you are someone who visits coffeeshops you may not want to
stay at the Asterick.

http://www.bedandbreakfast.nl/