Meeting Royalty in Europe

Old November 1st, 2003, 10:51 PM
Mxsmanic

Default Meeting Royalty in Europe

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) writes:

But SFAIK, most of them (nowadays) have a reasonably good education.

Most of them have an average education. The qualities required to
become a billionaire starting out from nothing often having nothing to
do with education, and are not even that highly correlated with
intelligence (although more typical levels of success show higher
correlations with both).

Old November 1st, 2003, 10:55 PM
Robert

Mxsmanic wrote in message . ..
Robert writes:

My princess friend knows that people are interested in royalty. What
would she say about these posts? I don't know for sure but I think she
would think it's funny that no one believed me. She's smart enough to
understand all of this. She might be mad that I'm spending too much
time here.

Why don't you pick up the phone and ask her, instead of speculating, and
then report back to us?

I just received the following email back from my princess friend:

Robert,
Hello! I'm fine. Mum and Dad are away. I'm glad you emailed.
You have been making friends on the internet? I don't care what you
say but please don't use my name and do not refer to my country in a
public forum. As you know my family is quite sensitive to that.
When are you coming to visit? December 19 to January 5 is not so good
coz we have parties and such. You can sleep in my room this time.
Sorry about the last time. The work is finished.
I have to go. Take care.

Love,
XXXX
Old November 1st, 2003, 11:03 PM
Mxsmanic

Robert writes:

Would you drink a pint of Corgi **** to meet with the Queen alone for
a half an hour hour? Seriously. Lots of people would.

Some people are definitely very different from me!

Old November 1st, 2003, 11:04 PM
Mxsmanic

Owain writes:

Of course. It's fun.

It is?

Old November 1st, 2003, 11:07 PM
Lennart Petersen

"Emilia" skrev i meddelandet
Mxsmanic wrote in
:

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) writes:

Interesting observation! Does a "princess" cease to be such, when she
marries?

If she marries an heir to the throne, she becomes queen when he becomes
king, as I recall. In fact, I think she also becomes queen if she
marries a king, but I'm not sure. I know that the rule does not apply
in reverse, which is why the queen of England is still married to a
prince (a "prince consort").

There are many princes and princesses who will never be kings or queens.
("many" being a relative term). Even if they marry and are not in line to
be queen a princess remains a princess.

Not always. It's more complicated than so. Rules may vary from country to
country but it's not unlikely a prince/princess with a marriage to a
non-royal person is denied hes/her title. Marriage to a king is usually
the same as being a queeen but the term "morganatic marriage" exist where
the wife remains an ordinary civil person and eventually children are
excluded from the throne.

Old November 1st, 2003, 11:08 PM
Emilia

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Robert writes:

Would you drink a pint of Corgi **** to meet with the Queen alone for
a half an hour hour? Seriously. Lots of people would.

Some people are definitely very different from me!

That's a good thing.

Old November 1st, 2003, 11:23 PM
Emilia

"Lennart Petersen" wrote in
:

"Emilia" skrev i meddelandet
Mxsmanic wrote in
:

[...]

Yes, of course, and their are some who don't "officially" have titles any
more but people continue to refer to them as prince/princess, etc. But my
point is that not all princes/princesses move on to become king/queen or
lose their title.

Old November 1st, 2003, 11:41 PM
Marie Lewis

In article , Owain
writes
Morning wear should be worn at formal occasions such as investitures,

Apparently this is no longer the case: see Jamie Oliver.
--
Marie Lewis