transfer from Dubrovnik airport

Old July 4th, 2009, 01:58 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
wolf

Default transfer from Dubrovnik airport

Anyone have recommendations for companies doing transfers? I see
something called "Taxi and Transportation Service Dubrovnik". Anyone
used them?

TIA
Old July 4th, 2009, 07:20 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Gerald Oliver Swift

"wolf" wrote in message
Anyone have recommendations for companies doing transfers? I see
something called "Taxi and Transportation Service Dubrovnik". Anyone
used them?

Nope..........but then I'd just get the bus.

Gerry

Old July 5th, 2009, 08:57 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
wolf

In article ,
"Gerald Oliver Swift" wrote:

"wolf" wrote in message
Anyone have recommendations for companies doing transfers? I see
something called "Taxi and Transportation Service Dubrovnik". Anyone
used them?

Nope..........but then I'd just get the bus.

Gerry

Why would you take the bus? My understanding is that the bus only goes
to the main bus station and then you have to figure out how to get to
your hotel. The service I noted is quoting $10-15 for the taxi ride.
That seems pretty reasonable...
Old July 6th, 2009, 06:14 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Gerald Oliver Swift

"wolf" wrote in message
In article ,
"Gerald Oliver Swift" wrote:

"wolf" wrote in message
Anyone have recommendations for companies doing transfers? I see
something called "Taxi and Transportation Service Dubrovnik". Anyone
used them?

Nope..........but then I'd just get the bus.

Gerry

Why would you take the bus? My understanding is that the bus only goes
to the main bus station and then you have to figure out how to get to
your hotel. The service I noted is quoting $10-15 for the taxi ride.
That seems pretty reasonable...

I would take the bus because I just happen to like using (local) public
transport.
Agreed, $10-15 for a ca. 12 mile taxi ride does seem pretty reasonable - and
probably more convenient.
Dubrovnik is a great place - and interesting day trips are possible to
Sarajevo, Kotor, Mostar, etc using (local) public transport.
See http://www.libertasdubrovnik.com/voznired.swf

Have a nice holiday!
Gerry

Old July 6th, 2009, 10:09 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jack Campin - bogus address

Dubrovnik is a great place - and interesting day trips are possible
to Sarajevo, Kotor, Mostar, etc using (local) public transport.

Day trip to Sarajevo? Maybe just, but you'd only have time
to have lunch and go back.

The railway and road up there are both interesting, though.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
****** I killfile Google posts - email me if you want to be whitelisted ******
Old July 6th, 2009, 05:46 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Gerald Oliver Swift wrote:

"wolf" wrote in message
In article ,
"Gerald Oliver Swift" wrote:

"wolf" wrote in message
Anyone have recommendations for companies doing transfers? I see
something called "Taxi and Transportation Service Dubrovnik". Anyone
used them?

Nope..........but then I'd just get the bus.

Gerry

Why would you take the bus? My understanding is that the bus only goes
to the main bus station and then you have to figure out how to get to
your hotel. The service I noted is quoting $10-15 for the taxi ride.
That seems pretty reasonable...

I would take the bus because I just happen to like using (local) public
transport.

So do I, but we still opted for a 20 euro car ride (so, 10 euro each)
from the owner of the apartment we were staying at in Dubrovnik. Best
thing we did. The apartment was terrific with an amazing view, but up
the hill on the wrong side of the bus station (i.e. on the airport side
of the old town.) We arrived in darkness, and without knowing where we
were going, it would have been an adventure! Once we arrived, we found
it easy to get back to at night though...

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
www.davidhorne.net (email address on website)