Schoenes Wochenende + KD Line?

Old July 7th, 2009, 03:35 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Holly

Default Schoenes Wochenende + KD Line?

I know the K-D line will accept some German railpass tickets to board
their ships. Is the Schoenes Wochenende one of those tickets that are
accepted? If not, where is a list or explanation of the tickets/passes
which ARE accepted? I'm trying to figure out the least expensive means
of getting to Bingen/Ruedesheim from Koeln and taking the boats to
Koblenz, then getting back to Koeln.

Thanks.
Old July 7th, 2009, 04:18 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
erilar

In article
,
Holly wrote:

I know the K-D line will accept some German railpass tickets to board
their ships. Is the Schoenes Wochenende one of those tickets that are
accepted? If not, where is a list or explanation of the tickets/passes
which ARE accepted? I'm trying to figure out the least expensive means
of getting to Bingen/Ruedesheim from Koeln and taking the boats to
Koblenz, then getting back to Koeln.

Actually, as I recall, some of the ships go all the way to Köln. And
while I don't know about the Schönes Wochenende ticket, I seem to
recall(again, it's been a good while) using a GerRail Pass on a ship.

--
Mary Loomer Oliver (aka Erilar)

You can't reason with someone whose first line of argument is
that reason doesn't count. --Isaac Asimov

Erilar's Cave Annex: http://www.chibardun.net/~erilarlo*

Old July 7th, 2009, 04:34 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Holly

On Jul 7, 10:18*am, erilar wrote:
In article
,

*Holly wrote:
I know the K-D line will accept some German railpass tickets to board
their ships. Is the Schoenes Wochenende one of those tickets that are
accepted? If not, where is a list or explanation of the tickets/passes
which ARE accepted? I'm trying to figure out the least expensive means
of getting to Bingen/Ruedesheim from Koeln and taking the boats to
Koblenz, then getting back to Koeln.

Actually, as I recall, *some of the ships go all the way to Köln. *And
while I don't know about the Schönes Wochenende ticket, I seem to
recall(again, it's been a good while) using a GerRail Pass on a ship.

--
Mary Loomer Oliver (aka Erilar)

You can't reason with someone whose first line of argument is
that reason doesn't count. * * --Isaac Asimov

Erilar's Cave Annex:http://www.chibardun.net/~erilarlo*

Yeah they do go all the way to Koeln, but unfortunately I don't have
enough time to take that entire cruise, so I'm going to focus on the
Mittelrhein portion of the ride. When you say GerRail pass, are you
talking about the "minimum 4 days pass" from dBahn? Those start at 180
EUR (2nd class) -- versus the 37 EUR Schoenes Wochenende. The KD
ticket by itself for Bingen-Koblenz is 28.20 EUR (and a one-way dBahn
ticket Koeln-Bingen looks like it starts at 29 EUR, 2nd class...
that's starting to add up!)
Old July 8th, 2009, 12:52 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
erilar

In article
,
Holly wrote:

Yeah they do go all the way to Koeln, but unfortunately I don't have
enough time to take that entire cruise, so I'm going to focus on the
Mittelrhein portion of the ride.

Oh, that's definitely the best part! 8-)
When you say GerRail pass, are you
talking about the "minimum 4 days pass" from dBahn? Those start at 180
EUR (2nd class) -- versus the 37 EUR Schoenes Wochenende. The KD
ticket by itself for Bingen-Koblenz is 28.20 EUR (and a one-way dBahn
ticket Koeln-Bingen looks like it starts at 29 EUR, 2nd class...
that's starting to add up!)

I haven't used anything but a Flexi-pass for years, actually. I use
it for days when I'm traveling some distance and buy individual tickets
for short bits. I don't recall what I used for a train/ship
combination; it's been some time.