Sydney in October?

Old May 9th, 2004, 02:07 AM
Kathy Garner

Default Sydney in October?

Hello,

My name is Kathy andI'm new to this newsgroup so here goes. I'm planning
a tentative trip to visit Sydney.
and would like to take my husband, mom, brother and his 2 teenage boys.
My husband and I have been
to Sydney before but that was in March and it was lovely.
Unfortunately, my husband can only get October
off so that is when we'll go. We understand the season is opposite to us
here in Canada so we know we'll
be going into an Australian Spring is it? In that case, is the water
warm enough to swim in? I have so many
questions, it's awful.

We have relatives in Manly but they can't put us all up, of course. Me,
my husband and
mom would like to rent a relatively decent place to stay for about 2
weeks. I cruised the web and found
an outfit called, ManlyBeachApartments.com. Could anyone reading this
reccommend it? Or would there
be an alternative?

We'd like to take at least 2 days to go to Katoomba (I have to go back
there!) and also to visit a place
called the Australian Reptile Park that the boys heard about which isn't
too far out of Sydney, I understand.

I'd be grateful for any reply and thank you.

Kathy in Canada

Old May 9th, 2004, 05:22 AM
woodsie

it'll be spring, but weather temps vary when it comes to swimming.

pack ur bikin anyway

Old May 9th, 2004, 06:40 AM
wendy

Hey Kathy!!

You can find lots of great info on Sydney and the Reptile Park at
www.tripadvisor.com I find this website is really good when planning a trip.
I can't give you specific help with your questions as I don't live in Sydney
so can't really answer them properly.
I hope you have a blast - I'd love to go to Canada one day!
wendy
--
--------------------------------------
șoș Going to WDW September '04

Old May 9th, 2004, 11:34 PM
Kathy Garner

Hey Wendy, thanks!

I'll try the tripadvisor site you suggest. One other question. Do you
know anything about the
Sydney Fish Market. My husband and I went there last year but we were
late and only could
stay a short while before it closed. I remember lots of stalls but
wonder now which would be
the best seafood as we're crazy about it.
Yeah, Canada is a wonderful place...particularly BC as that's where we
are. It's a lot warmer
than the rest of the country.

Thanks again,
Kathy

Old May 10th, 2004, 08:30 AM
Geoff Lillico

The Sydney Fish Markets are a great place for seafood meals at a reasonable
price. Good views but not much in the way of 5-star ambience. Get there
about 11.45am for lunch.

--
The Commissioner

www.the-commissioner.com

Old May 10th, 2004, 06:23 PM
Kathy Garner

Thanks Geoff. Yes, it will be a definite place to eat - probably more
than once, I'm sure.
As accommodation will use up most of our budget, we'll need places like
that to nosh.
I've also heard that the pier on Manly Beach has some good take-aways.

Many thanks again.

Kathy

Old May 11th, 2004, 08:50 AM
Geoff Lillico

Plenty of good take-away meals in Manly. The Ferry Pier is a bit up-market.
Try in the Corso which leads to the beach

--
The Commissioner

www.the-commissioner.com

Old May 20th, 2004, 11:03 AM
Jean Weber

Kathy Garner wrote:

Unfortunately, my husband can only get October
off so that is when we'll go. We understand the season is opposite to us
here in Canada so we know we'll
be going into an Australian Spring is it? In that case, is the water
warm enough to swim in?

I think it's too cold for swimming in October in Sydney, but you're
from Canada, so you might think it's quite okay!

We have relatives in Manly but they can't put us all up, of course. Me,
my husband and
mom would like to rent a relatively decent place to stay for about 2
weeks. I cruised the web and found
an outfit called, ManlyBeachApartments.com. Could anyone reading this
reccommend it? Or would there
be an alternative?

ManlyBeachApartments seem to own (or manage) a great many of the
apartments available for rent in Manly, in a variety of buildings and
prices, so they probably have something suitable. I've had no personal
experience renting through them, however.

Jean
http://www.avalook.com.au/