Very nice holiday flat near by St. Tropez

Old July 10th, 2004, 01:48 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default Very nice holiday flat near by St. Tropez

127.0.0.1 wrote:

On 9 Jul 2004 06:35:50 -0700, (Gerd Nixdorf)

never rent from a spammer

Oh for God's sake!!!!! Doesn't this anonymous idiot have anything more
interesting to do than police the newsgroup for any post offering
accomodations? (Or is he/she/it in the hotel business, too, and resents
the competition?) I must have encountered at least a DOZEN of his
time-wasting posts already (and I still have half the threads to peruse).

Because of the current email spam attacks my email account is not included,

Old July 10th, 2004, 05:50 PM

jt wrote:

never rent from a spammer

Oh for God's sake!!!!! Doesn't this anonymous idiot have anything more
interesting to do than police the newsgroup for any post offering

It is very important to fight back against commercial use, which
has destroyed many if not most of these forums. Once tolerated,
natural incentives drive the commercial percentage upwards of 99%

That is clearly a crock! (And you another anonymous idiot like
127.0.0.1!) For one thing, the number of "forums" (commonly known as
newsgroups) on Usenet keeps growing - which do you claim have been
"destroyed"? Also, how long have you been reading r.t.e? We have
ALWAYS had a few posts here offering accomodations in Europe - most of
them by individuals. WE also have FREQUENT posts inquiring about
available housing (not hotels) in various European locations.

Both types of post are on topic (which is more than can be said for
yours) and reaqders are free to ignore them. The proportion of such
posts to the total posts in this group is very low, and has always been
so. On the other hand, the annoyance value of posts by self-appointed
"net police" like 127.0.0.1 and you is infinite! I suggest you find
something more constructive to do with your time, and stop annoying the
legitimate posters to this group.

Old July 12th, 2004, 10:44 PM
Tim Kroesen

Newsgroups destroyed by SPAM are common: just look to
rec.travel.budget.backpack for an example in the 'travel' domain: it's
probably over 50% SPAM now.

Let me offer you (and all) a better way to deal 127...

Firstly: if *you* think its SPAM: REPORT IT OUTRIGHT YOURSELF: I notice
your objections are not just cc'd here from your abuse report mail.
What good is reporting SPAM to US??? We mostly know it is SPAM already.
Should you wish to aid others in participating AGAINST NG SPAM I offer
the following posting: please note the header info required for a proper
complaint report...

You *all* may note even the SPAMMY OP knows he's doing wrong and only
risking a Google Usenet account... Therefore stupid to also include the
other addy which is just as relevant to complain to. If the SPAM
repeats we may also go after the commercial hosting ISP of the site he
SPAMS on Usenet...

:

traceroute to
WWW.BLUEVIEW.DE.VU (213.239.203.47), 30 hops max, 40 byte
packets 1 * * * 2 * * * 3 * * * 4 * * * 5 * * * 6 * * * 7 * * * 8
* * * 9 * * *10 FRA-2-pos700-2.de.lambdanet.net (82.197.136.42)
178.700 ms11 N-1-eth200-0.de.lambdanet.net (217.71.105.14) 183.582
ms12 lambdanet-upl.RZ2.hetzner.de (213.133.96.233) 184.559 ms13
gi-3-2.RS86001.RZ3.hetzner.de (213.133.96.58) 186.512 ms14
et-2-16.RS3K2.RZ3.hetzner.de (213.133.96.34) 186.512 ms15
213.239.203.2 (213.239.203.2) 189.441 ms

Tim K