Americans putting their feet up everywhere

Old March 15th, 2005, 09:14 PM
Dave Smith

Default Americans putting their feet up everywhere

Jeff wrote:

And how exactly were the supposed to stop the genocide. Once the US
finally go
around to joining the Allies in the fight against Germany it still took
close
to 3 years to amass the troops and equipment to land on the continent and
almost another year to get into Germany and end the war.

We could have bombed the concentration camps and the trains going to them.

There's a brilliant idea. Bomb the camps and the trains carrying the Jews so
that the Germans couldn't kill them.

There is also the
issue of mass acceptance of refugees.

So, if we cannot accept them all, it is ok to let them die. I get it.

I don't think the people could foresee the danger. They would not have thought
that a civilized country would be planning to exterminate a race of people.
After the shooting started there was no way to help.

How many million people of do you think
they could have accommodated in a short period of time.

Probably all those who died over about 5 years. I forget the number,
something like 8 million.

Not many countries are
prepared for taking in vast numbers of new arrivals and finding themselves
responsible for providing food and housing for them. It is not
unreasonable
for any country to be concerned about too many people from any particular
ethnic group being admitted. Look what happened to Mexico when it allowed
Americans to settle in Texas. They ended up losing Texas.

And we ended up losing millions of innocent lives, literally, in many cases,
to go up in flames.

So perhaps Spain could have taken them, or Brazil, Mexico....?? Lots of
country's could have, but some people seem to want to condemn the US because
they did not open their doors to a rush of millions of refugees. I would be
more receptive to criticism from someone from a country that made the offer to
take them all. Sadly, there doesn't seem to be anyone that qualifies.