Viva Yushchenko!

Old November 26th, 2004, 08:07 PM
Deep Frayed Morgues

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:04:38 GMT, "nospam" wrote:

The events in Ukraine are being watched by the world, even here
in the land of dubya. Now that the two major TV stations have
joined the protest, the reign of Kuchma and associated dictators
is hopefully at an end. It is time for Ukraine to join Europe and
reap the economic and tourism benefits of the other Eastern
European countries that have left the Russian sphere of influence.
Viva Yushchenko!

We can only hope. Hard to believe that so many people voted for the
pro-Russia Yanukovych, but then, after the US elections, I can believe
damn near anything.

The best part is that this massive show of dissent is doing good in
itself. DEATH TO ALL THINGS SOVIET!!!!!
---
DFM
Old November 27th, 2004, 12:23 AM
Alan Harrison

"bogus address" wrote in message

Viva Yushchenko!

The last time the Western media wet its pants to such an extent over
a former-USSR politician, it was Yeltsin. And a lot of good he did
for the Russian people, didn't he.

Yushchenko's choice of friends says all that needs to be said about
him.

Yes, judging by the reports in today's news, neither candidate seems to be
an angel. I fear this is another case of western governments (and their
media friends) supporting an "enemy's enemy" as they did with Saddam Hussein
and the Taliban.

Alan Harrison

Old November 27th, 2004, 02:06 AM
nospam

Yes, judging by the reports in today's news, neither candidate seems to
be an angel. I fear this is another case of western governments (and their
media friends) supporting an "enemy's enemy" as they did with Saddam
Hussein and the Taliban.

Try reading the BBC or an Eastern European news instead of your
usual biased news. The fact that Georgia and Ukraine are mutually
supporting each other proves you wrong.

Pete

Old November 27th, 2004, 02:07 AM
nospam

Yushchenko's choice of friends says all that needs to be said about
him.

And who would those be, Mr. (not so) Well Informed?

Pete

Old November 27th, 2004, 11:42 AM
Voice of Reason

Default Viva Yushchenko!

Deep Frayed Morgues wrote in message . ..
On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:04:38 GMT, "nospam" wrote:

The events in Ukraine are being watched by the world, even here
in the land of dubya. Now that the two major TV stations have
joined the protest, the reign of Kuchma and associated dictators
is hopefully at an end. It is time for Ukraine to join Europe and
reap the economic and tourism benefits of the other Eastern
European countries that have left the Russian sphere of influence.
Viva Yushchenko!

We can only hope. Hard to believe that so many people voted for the
pro-Russia Yanukovych, but then, after the US elections, I can believe
damn near anything.

Was the election fair? Probably not, but then, how many are? It is a
bit rich for the US to pontificate on the fairness of the Ukraine vote
after the farce of 2000. How come the future of my country is decided
upon by western governments and thousands of drunken students marching
the streets wrapped up in orange cellophane instead of millions of
Ukrainian factory workers, miners, teachers, doctors and business
people who work and pay taxes? How come 92,73% support for Yanukovych
in Lugansk is considered fraudulent while 93,53% for Yushchenko in
Ternopyl is taken for granted?

A voice from Odessa

Old November 27th, 2004, 02:40 PM
Deep Frayed Morgues

On 27 Nov 2004 02:42:21 -0800, (Voice of Reason)
wrote:

Deep Frayed Morgues wrote in message . ..
On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:04:38 GMT, "nospam" wrote:

The events in Ukraine are being watched by the world, even here
in the land of dubya. Now that the two major TV stations have
joined the protest, the reign of Kuchma and associated dictators
is hopefully at an end. It is time for Ukraine to join Europe and
reap the economic and tourism benefits of the other Eastern
European countries that have left the Russian sphere of influence.
Viva Yushchenko!

We can only hope. Hard to believe that so many people voted for the
pro-Russia Yanukovych, but then, after the US elections, I can believe
damn near anything.

Was the election fair? Probably not, but then, how many are? It is a
bit rich for the US to pontificate on the fairness of the Ukraine vote
after the farce of 2000.

Yes, but the US is rich enough to afford self-righteousness and double
standards. Witness how they urged Putin to negotiate with the
terrorists who slaughtered all those children a few months ago. Makes
me want to vomit.

How come the future of my country is decided
upon by western governments

It's called interference.

and thousands of drunken students marching
the streets wrapped up in orange cellophane instead of millions of
Ukrainian factory workers, miners, teachers, doctors and business
people who work and pay taxes?

I look at that stuff as being healthy. It keeps governments on their
toes. Let the workers come out and counter protest if they feel
strongly enough.

Either way, a re-run of the vote probably would not be a bad thing. I
would like to see the Ukraine move closer to the west, but then it's
not really up to me.
---
DFM
Old November 27th, 2004, 02:43 PM
Go Fig

In article , Voice of
Reason wrote:

[...]

So you think your High Court has no jurisdiction to review the
objections ? If not them, who ?

jay
Sat Nov 27, 2004