Postage

Old March 10th, 2014, 02:55 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.[_5_]

Default Schnitzel Chips Postage

On Mon, 10 Mar 2014 13:31:25 +0100, Josef Kleber wrote in post :
:

Am 10.03.2014 12:41, schrieb Tim C.:
On Fri, 7 Mar 2014 20:05:52 -0600, Dan Stephenson wrote in post :
It came from some kind of fruit dressing. It was a nice touch. What I
*really* like is when a friend egg is place on top of it.

Sacrilege!!

or, like Germans often do, serve it with some sort of sauce(mushroom is
common)

hehehe, Jägerschnitzel ;-)

Ah yes, I forgot that's what they call it
I remember the first time I had it in Germany in 1975 near Frankfurt.
It was really exotic then.

or gravy.

Josef

Btw, order a Jägerschnitzel in east germany and be surprised. You would
wish to get mushrooms! ;-)

:-) What do they serve ? Paprika etc like Letscho?

--
Tim C. Linz, Austria.
Old March 10th, 2014, 02:57 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.[_5_]

On Mon, 10 Mar 2014 14:00:20 +0100, Frank Hucklenbroich wrote in post :
:

wrote:

Am 10.03.2014 12:41, schrieb Tim C.:
On Fri, 7 Mar 2014 20:05:52 -0600, Dan Stephenson wrote in post :
It came from some kind of fruit dressing. It was a nice touch. What I
*really* like is when a friend egg is place on top of it.

Sacrilege!!

or, like Germans often do, serve it with some sort of sauce(mushroom is
common)

hehehe, Jägerschnitzel ;-)

or gravy.

Josef

Btw, order a Jägerschnitzel in east germany and be surprised. You would
wish to get mushrooms! ;-)

What do you get a battered flattened hunter? :-)

No, they take a thick slice of sausage, fry it, and put some kind of
tomato-sauce over it.

Regards,

Frank

Ah, ok. Sounds a bit like Jägerbraten here. Sausage, or something a bit
like meatloaf in various sorts of sauce.

--
Tim C. Linz, Austria.
Old March 10th, 2014, 02:58 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.[_5_]

On Mon, 10 Mar 2014 13:44:14 +0000 (UTC), Erilar wrote in post :
:

There's also Zigeunerschnitzel. Schnitzel is a cutlet, whatever meat is
used, and there's more than one way of cooking and presenting it.

With a sauce of paprika, tomatoes etc. very Balkan.
--
Tim C. Linz, Austria.
Old March 10th, 2014, 02:58 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.[_5_]

Traditionally yes, but you will find, especially in Vienna that Schitzel

Schitzel? LOL

Schnitzel happens :-)

--
Tim C. Linz, Austria.
Old March 10th, 2014, 02:59 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.[_5_]

On Mon, 10 Mar 2014 13:44:15 +0000 (UTC), Erilar wrote in post :
:

"Tim C." wrote:
On Fri, 07 Mar 2014 13:21:38 +0100, Martin wrote in post :
:

It comes from Vienna

Wiener schnitzel does. There are other sorts of schnitzel.

Such as the Pariser schnitzel, which is coated in batter instead of
breadcrumbs and served with spaghetti in tomato sauce.

That's a crime!

I do not pass judgement, I just tell it how it is. But I agree with you.

--
Tim C. Linz, Austria.
Old March 10th, 2014, 03:00 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Frank Hucklenbroich

Am Mon, 10 Mar 2014 12:46:39 +0100 schrieb Tim C.:

On Fri, 07 Mar 2014 13:21:38 +0100, Martin wrote in post :
:

It comes from Vienna

Wiener schnitzel does. There are other sorts of schnitzel.

Such as the Pariser schnitzel, which is coated in batter instead of
breadcrumbs and served with spaghetti in tomato sauce.

That sounds a bit like "Piccata Milanese" to me.

Regards,

Frank
Old March 10th, 2014, 03:02 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.[_5_]

Default UK Constitution Postage

On Sun, 9 Mar 2014 06:45:47 -0500, Dan Stephenson wrote in post :
news:2014030906454746213-stephedanospam@maccom :

This is why the authors of the US Constitution did not make
the new nation a Democracy. They knew rule by the Demos meant mob
rule. That is why they made the USA a Republic.

Do you think Democracy and being a Republic are mutually exclusive?

--
Tim C. Linz, Austria.
Old March 10th, 2014, 03:03 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Frank Hucklenbroich

Am Mon, 10 Mar 2014 15:58:05 +0100 schrieb Tim C.:

On Mon, 10 Mar 2014 13:44:14 +0000 (UTC), Erilar wrote in post :
:

There's also Zigeunerschnitzel. Schnitzel is a cutlet, whatever meat is
used, and there's more than one way of cooking and presenting it.

With a sauce of paprika, tomatoes etc. very Balkan.

Right. And sometimes people are mocking about the name, being overly PC.
"Zigeuner" means "gypsy", and some people find that word offensive (keeping
in mind that lots of gypsys were killed under Hitler). But on most of the
menus you'll still find it under that name.

Regards,

Frank
Old March 10th, 2014, 03:07 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.[_5_]

On Mon, 10 Mar 2014 16:00:28 +0100, Frank Hucklenbroich wrote in post :
t :

Am Mon, 10 Mar 2014 12:46:39 +0100 schrieb Tim C.:

On Fri, 07 Mar 2014 13:21:38 +0100, Martin wrote in post :
:

It comes from Vienna

Wiener schnitzel does. There are other sorts of schnitzel.

Such as the Pariser schnitzel, which is coated in batter instead of
breadcrumbs and served with spaghetti in tomato sauce.

That sounds a bit like "Piccata Milanese" to me.

Regards,

Frank

There's no reason the same dish shouldn't exist in many cultures.
But I thought a PM was breadcrumbed, like a Wiener Schnitzel, but with
spag/tomato sauce?

--
Tim C. Linz, Austria.
Old March 10th, 2014, 03:15 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
S Viemeister[_2_]

On 3/10/2014 11:02 AM, Tim C. wrote:
On Sun, 9 Mar 2014 06:45:47 -0500, Dan Stephenson wrote in post :
news:2014030906454746213-stephedanospam@maccom :

This is why the authors of the US Constitution did not make
the new nation a Democracy. They knew rule by the Demos meant mob
rule. That is why they made the USA a Republic.

Do you think Democracy and being a Republic are mutually exclusive?

I've sometimes noticed people confusing 'republic' with 'representative
democracy'.