Rand Paul Launches Campaign to End the TSA

Old May 3rd, 2012, 11:20 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Fly Guy

Default Rand Paul Launches Campaign to End the TSA

If you ask me, the issue is not who runs airport screening.

The issue is defining what rights US citizens have at airports and in
planes and insuring we can excercise those rights and abilities and
exact immediate retribution / compensation / penalization to those that
would deny us those rights.

Any TSA or security agent that violates any such rights should have to
face criminal prosecution.

That is the only way that air travellers can really be free to enjoy
their liberty.

===============================

http://www.infowars.com/rand-paul-la...o-end-the-tsa/

Rand Paul Launches Campaign to End the TSA

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Senator Rand Paul has issued a press release in which he vows to lead
the charge to “end the TSA” and put a stop to the needless and
humiliating groping of toddlers and grandmothers.

Earlier this year, Paul was detained by the TSA after refusing to submit
to an invasive pat down after already having passed through a body
scanner. The incident prompted national headlines and caused the Senator
to miss his flight.

“It’s time to END the TSA and get the government’s hands back to only
stealing our wallets instead of groping toddlers and grandmothers,” says
Paul in the statement.

The accompanying article sent out to Campaign for Liberty members
encourages recipients to sign a petition in support of Rand Paul’s ‘End
the TSA’ bill.

The legislation would forcibly privatize the TSA and kick government out
of airport security entirely. A recently passed bill actually allows
airports to replace TSA screeners with private security but they have to
go through a complex TSA permission process to do so, meaning only a
handful of small airports have applied to evict the TSA.

Financial contributions are also being sought to launch a “full,
targeted media campaign to convince representatives and senators to
either get on board or be held responsible for this continuing outrage.”
A previous ‘End the TSA Money Bomb’ started by Congressman Ron Paul
following his son’s treatment at the hands of the federal agency has
already raised over $1.6 million dollars.

The email points out that the TSA’s invasive and dangerous body scanners
have been proven to be completely useless, most recently by engineer Jon
Corbett who was able to fool the device by simply sowing an object into
a side pocket.

The email lists a handful of recent TSA outrages amidst the deluge that
occur on a weekly basis.

- A TSA agent patting down a young girl at New Orleans’ Louis Armstrong
International Airport in 2011. The video shows a cooperative family, and
when the girl’s mother asks, “Can’t you just re-scan her?” the agent
replies, “No” and proceeds to grope the poor child;

- A cancer survivor in Charlotte was forced to remove a prosthetic
breast;

- A young mother of a two-week-old infant in Florida was harassed to
open the bottles of baby formula she was traveling with on her flight,
which would have spoiled the only food available to the infant;

- Detroit TSA officers ignored a man’s warning about a colostomy bag,
breaking it and forcing him to board a plane covered in urine.

=========

Read the full text of Rand Paul’s statement below. Donate to the ‘End
the TSA’ cause by clicking he

https://www.campaignforliberty.org/cart/checkout

==========

Sometimes our liberty slips away silently, and it is almost hard to
notice what went wrong and where. The one fortunate thing about the TSA
is that they certainly don’t fit that definition.

The American people shouldn’t be subjected to harassment, groping, and
other public humiliation simply to board an airplane. As you may have
heard, I have some personal experience with this, and I’ve vowed to lead
the charge to fight back.

Please read the email below from my friend Matt Hawes at Campaign for
Liberty. Campaign for Liberty is leading the fight to pressure Congress
to act now and restore our liberty. It’s time to END the TSA and get the
government’s hands back to only stealing our wallets instead of groping
toddlers and grandmothers.

I hope you will join Campaign for Liberty in this fight.

In Liberty,
Senator Rand Paul