Going to NYC

Old March 29th, 2004, 07:02 PM
pantagruel

Default Going to NYC

Our plan is to train from Raleigh (visiting friend) to DC then to
Philadelphia then to NYC. My usual practice is to get hotels when I arrive
somewhere because I do not like to have a schedule. My concern is that with
NYC it will be necessary to make reservations in advance. I had planned to
take this trip last spring but was OBE. Some people had some good advice,
some of which I have filed away. What I would like to know now is are there
decent places in the Village area,SoHo or Tribeca to stay that are not over
$200 per night . I am aware of the Washington Square, that seems okay to me,
and the Larchmont and Pioneer.( I would like to stay in an area that has an
interesting neighborhood with various kinds of restaurants and one that is
safe to walk around in at night.) Thank for any and all advice and
suggestions.

Old March 29th, 2004, 07:09 PM
Juliana L Holm

pantagruel wrote:
Our plan is to train from Raleigh (visiting friend) to DC then to
Philadelphia then to NYC. My usual practice is to get hotels when I arrive
somewhere because I do not like to have a schedule. My concern is that with
NYC it will be necessary to make reservations in advance. I had planned to
take this trip last spring but was OBE. Some people had some good advice,
some of which I have filed away. What I would like to know now is are there
decent places in the Village area,SoHo or Tribeca to stay that are not over
$200 per night . I am aware of the Washington Square, that seems okay to me,
and the Larchmont and Pioneer.( I would like to stay in an area that has an
interesting neighborhood with various kinds of restaurants and one that is
safe to walk around in at night.) Thank for any and all advice and
suggestions.

When are you doing this?

--
Julie
**********
Old March 29th, 2004, 09:09 PM
pantagruel

"Juliana L Holm" wrote in message
pantagruel wrote:
[...]

Probably last week of May to first week of June. Thanks

**********
http://www.dragonsholm.org/travel.htm

Old March 30th, 2004, 02:57 AM
Shawn Hearn

In article . net,
"pantagruel" wrote:

Our plan is to train from Raleigh (visiting friend) to DC then to
Philadelphia then to NYC. My usual practice is to get hotels when I arrive
somewhere because I do not like to have a schedule. My concern is that with
NYC it will be necessary to make reservations in advance. I had planned to
take this trip last spring but was OBE. Some people had some good advice,
some of which I have filed away. What I would like to know now is are there
decent places in the Village area,SoHo or Tribeca to stay that are not over
$200 per night . I am aware of the Washington Square, that seems okay to me,
and the Larchmont and Pioneer.( I would like to stay in an area that has an
interesting neighborhood with various kinds of restaurants and one that is
safe to walk around in at night.) Thank for any and all advice and
suggestions.

You shouldn't have any problem finding a hotel room in NYC, but to get a
decent rate, you need to book in advance, even if it is only two or
three days. In NYC, or anywhere else, you will pay top dollar for a room
if you book it when you arrive at the hotel. Check expedia, travelocity,
and the other travel-related web sites for hotels and availability.
Old April 2nd, 2004, 07:55 AM

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 20:09:17 GMT, "pantagruel"
wrote:

Probably last week of May to first week of June. Thanks

definitely must have advance resrvations. That the time when the
school busses full of teenagers arrive from all across the country.
They tend to soak up a lot of the inexpensive space in Manhattan.

In this NG only last week. The person who started it got a room for
himself and his wife at the Ramada New Yorker for $90 per night.

The alternative I suggested to them advertises "from $99 a night" -
it's at www.chelseasavoy.com.

Both are good locations but I would prefer the second place. It's in
the more interesting neighborhood. Plenty of excellent restaurants.
Good transportation connections. Comfortable and safe walk to many
landmarks.
CaribeJoe - Moderator
Non-commercial My Caribbean.Info Forums
Free Caribbean Destination Directories
Free advice from Travel Writers
Post your own trip reports and photos
Hotel and Air Deals and Rough Guide Reports
http://www.mycaribbean.info