positions or addresses for Majesty ports

Old January 19th, 2009, 02:50 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
frijoli[_4_]

Default positions or addresses for Majesty ports

I need info and seem to have trouble finding them.

Great Stirrup cay, Nassau port, and Grand Bahama port that the majesty
travels to. I want them for my GPS.

Can someone point me to the correct points or addresses, please?

Clay
Old January 19th, 2009, 02:58 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Marsha[_2_]

frijoli wrote:
I need info and seem to have trouble finding them.

Great Stirrup cay, Nassau port, and Grand Bahama port that the majesty
travels to. I want them for my GPS.

Can someone point me to the correct points or addresses, please?

Clay

Why don't you ask your GPS? (tongue in cheek, of course)

Marsha
Old January 19th, 2009, 03:11 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , frijoli
wrote:

I need info and seem to have trouble finding them.

Great Stirrup cay, Nassau port, and Grand Bahama port that the majesty
travels to. I want them for my GPS.

Can someone point me to the correct points or addresses, please?

I found these on the WWW.

Bahamas***************

Great Stirrup Cay

N 25 deg 50.451 min

W 77 deg 55.078 min

Freeport*****************

N 26 deg 30.529 min

W 78 deg 48.177 min

--
Charles
Old January 19th, 2009, 03:21 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , frijoli
wrote:

Nassau port

Waypoint: N2504.953 W7720.465

--
Charles
Old January 19th, 2009, 03:34 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
frijoli[_4_]

Charles wrote:
In article , frijoli
wrote:

I need info and seem to have trouble finding them.

Great Stirrup cay, Nassau port, and Grand Bahama port that the majesty
travels to. I want them for my GPS.

Can someone point me to the correct points or addresses, please?

I found these on the WWW.

Bahamas

Great Stirrup Cay

N 25 deg 50.451 min

W 77 deg 55.078 min

Freeport

N 26 deg 30.529 min

W 78 deg 48.177 min

Thanks Charles. I believe those are Island centers, and city centers. I
am looking for the port positions. I should have worded that better.

I thought maybe someone here may have already located them. It's kind of
odd, because I've done this on every cruise, and had no trouble finding
the points. I thought the Bahamas would be easy.

Clay
Old January 19th, 2009, 05:19 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

frijoli wrote:

I need info and seem to have trouble finding them.

Great Stirrup cay, Nassau port, and Grand Bahama port that the majesty
travels to. I want them for my GPS.

Can someone point me to the correct points or addresses, please?

Great Stirrup Cay is a private Island for the cruise ships in the
Berry Islands if I am not mistaken. Since it is a private island, we
have not been there, but it is near to N 25.83333 W 77.90000

Grand Bahama has a commercial port - Freeport - which I think all the
big ships go into. When I look at the maps there appears to be a ship
like a cruise ship at

N 26.52128 W 78.77276

I have not been to this port myself as it is not a place for a small
yacht - we always go to Lucaya.

In Nassau, the cruise ship dock is in the harbor between New
Providence Island and Paradise Island east of the big bridge at

N 25.08081 W 77.34060

GPS points are in decimal format.
Old January 19th, 2009, 06:17 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"frijoli" wrote in message

Thanks Charles. I believe those are Island centers, and city centers. I am
looking for the port positions. I should have worded that better.

I thought maybe someone here may have already located them. It's kind of
odd, because I've done this on every cruise, and had no trouble finding
the points. I thought the Bahamas would be easy.

Clay

Great Stirrup Cay anchor loc. n25 49'58 w077 55'03

Nassau dock loc. n25 04'51 w077 20'31

Old January 19th, 2009, 11:43 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
frijoli[_4_]

frijoli wrote:
Charles wrote:
In article , frijoli
wrote:

I need info and seem to have trouble finding them.

Great Stirrup cay, Nassau port, and Grand Bahama port that the
majesty travels to. I want them for my GPS.

Clay

Thanks to all who responded to this!

Counting down to Charleston!!!

Unfortunately I have to spend a couple days in Erie PA first!

Clay
Old January 19th, 2009, 12:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , frijoli
wrote:

Thanks Charles. I believe those are Island centers, and city centers. I
am looking for the port positions. I should have worded that better.

I thought maybe someone here may have already located them. It's kind of
odd, because I've done this on every cruise, and had no trouble finding
the points. I thought the Bahamas would be easy.

Download the free application Google Earth. Put the pointer over
whatever location you want exactly any where on Earth and it will give
you the position.

--
Charles
Old January 19th, 2009, 06:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

On 1/18/2009 9:50 PM frijoli did a "happy dance", then made these
writings:
I need info and seem to have trouble finding them.

Great Stirrup cay, Nassau port, and Grand Bahama port that the majesty
travels to. I want them for my GPS.

Can someone point me to the correct points or addresses, please?

Clay

Why not check your GPS maker's web site for an update? I have a
Magellan GPS and there are updates and additional maps (some free, some
for sale) that I can download from that web site and download them into
my GPS from my PC via UPC cord.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera