Which Hawaiian Island?

Old February 28th, 2007, 11:13 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

Default Which Hawaiian Island?

My wife and I are expecting our first child in June and thought we'd
get in one last kidless trip in to Hawaii. The question is, which
island? We've been to Maui many times and love it, but the last trip
left me with a bit of "been there, done that." Off the top of my
head, we'd probably be most interested in:

· Snorkeling
· Sightseeing (no strenuous hikes)
· Laying on gorgeous beaches

Because she's expecting, she can't drink, so nightlife is not a real
concern. Nor can she scuba dive or surf or any number of strenuous
things...

With all this in mind, does one island pop to the top of the list?
And if so, any suggestions on where to stay? We're not ruling out
Maui entirely, but if there's another island we simply must see...

Many thanks.

-Fleemo

Old February 28th, 2007, 11:38 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sechumlib

On 2007-02-28 18:13:42 -0500, said:

· Laying on gorgeous beaches

How many gorgeous beaches do you want to "lay" on? I would think your
room might be a better place. :-)

Old February 28th, 2007, 11:47 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

How many gorgeous beaches do you want to "lay" on? I would think your
room might be a better place. :-)

Is it *lying* on gorgeous beaches? I can never get that straight. :P

Oh, one other thing... cocktails by sunset rank highly with us. West
Maui is great for that, but what about Kauai or the Big Island? West
Kaui doesn't look all that inhabited, though there seem to be some
cozy rentals on that side of the island.

-Fleemo

Old March 1st, 2007, 01:03 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
cheapvac

On Feb 28, 6:13 pm, wrote:
My wife and I are expecting our first child in June and thought we'd
get in one last kidless trip in to Hawaii. The question is, which
island? We've been to Maui many times and love it, but the last trip
left me with a bit of "been there, done that." Off the top of my
head, we'd probably be most interested in:

· Snorkeling
· Sightseeing (no strenuous hikes)
· Laying on gorgeous beaches

Because she's expecting, she can't drink, so nightlife is not a real
concern. Nor can she scuba dive or surf or any number of strenuous
things...

With all this in mind, does one island pop to the top of the list?
And if so, any suggestions on where to stay? We're not ruling out
Maui entirely, but if there's another island we simply must see...

Many thanks.

-Fleemo

Why not try Kauai
www.4cheapvacations.ws

Old March 1st, 2007, 01:19 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
TheNewsGuy (Mike)

wrote:
My wife and I are expecting our first child in June and thought we'd
get in one last kidless trip in to Hawaii. The question is, which
island? We've been to Maui many times and love it, but the last trip
left me with a bit of "been there, done that." Off the top of my
head, we'd probably be most interested in:

· Snorkeling
· Sightseeing (no strenuous hikes)
· Laying on gorgeous beaches

Because she's expecting, she can't drink, so nightlife is not a real
concern. Nor can she scuba dive or surf or any number of strenuous
things...

With all this in mind, does one island pop to the top of the list?
And if so, any suggestions on where to stay? We're not ruling out
Maui entirely, but if there's another island we simply must see...

Many thanks.

-Fleemo

Check out my recent trip report on the Big Island.
http://tinyurl.com/2cybkq

I have been to Maui and Oahu and they are great but there are a lot more
places to see on the Big Island. It might be a nice change from Maui.
Some activities involve walking but driving to sites like, the coffee
plantations, Parker Ranch museum, tropical rain forests, Place of
Refuge, painted Church, beautiful water falls, etc may be what you want
to do. Many beaches required walking from a parking lot but, like at
Hapuna, you could drop her off near the shore, then park further back.
Snorkeling at Kahaluu beach is spectacular with easy access for you and
there are tables and facilities. Any island is great, as far as I'm
concerned. Because, right now, I am looking at two feet of snow outside
my window with an ice storm predicted for tomorrow!

Congratulations and enjoy your trip.

Old March 1st, 2007, 05:32 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Mimi

wrote in message
ups.com...
My wife and I are expecting our first child in June and thought we'd
get in one last kidless trip in to Hawaii. The question is, which
island? We've been to Maui many times and love it, but the last trip
left me with a bit of "been there, done that." Off the top of my
head, we'd probably be most interested in:

· Snorkeling
· Sightseeing (no strenuous hikes)
· Laying on gorgeous beaches

Because she's expecting, she can't drink, so nightlife is not a real
concern. Nor can she scuba dive or surf or any number of strenuous
things...

With all this in mind, does one island pop to the top of the list?
And if so, any suggestions on where to stay? We're not ruling out
Maui entirely, but if there's another island we simply must see...

(I lost my indenting 's.)

Try Kauai. There are nice beaches on the north side in particular, but that
also gets more rain. The Big Island has fewer beaches, one very wet side
and one very dry side. Or you could go somewhere on the windward shore
of Oahu, north of Honolulu.

Marianne

Old March 1st, 2007, 07:51 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

On Mar 1, 7:13�am, wrote:
My wife and I are expecting our first child in June and thought we'd
get in one last kidless trip in to Hawaii. The question is, which
island? *We've been to Maui many times and love it, but the last trip
left me with a bit of "been there, done that." *Off the top of my
head, we'd probably be most interested in:

· Snorkeling
· Sightseeing (no strenuous hikes)
· Laying on gorgeous beaches

Because she's expecting, she can't drink, so nightlife is not a real
concern. *Nor can she scuba dive or surf or any number of strenuous
things...

With all this in mind, does one island pop to the top of the list?
And if so, any suggestions on where to stay? *We're not ruling out
Maui entirely, but if there's another island we simply must see...

Many thanks.

-Fleemo

Congratulations and hope that you and your family will have a
memorable trip. Perhaps these travel videos on Hawaii (http://
http://www.travelvideoz.com/North_Am...tes/Hawaii_HI/ ) maybe
helpful.

Old March 1st, 2007, 08:40 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Alohacyberian

wrote in message
ups.com...
My wife and I are expecting our first child in June and thought we'd
get in one last kidless trip in to Hawaii. The question is, which
island? We've been to Maui many times and love it, but the last trip
left me with a bit of "been there, done that." Off the top of my
head, we'd probably be most interested in:

· Snorkeling
· Sightseeing (no strenuous hikes)
· Laying on gorgeous beaches

Because she's expecting, she can't drink, so nightlife is not a real
concern. Nor can she scuba dive or surf or any number of strenuous
things...

With all this in mind, does one island pop to the top of the list?
And if so, any suggestions on where to stay? We're not ruling out
Maui entirely, but if there's another island we simply must see...

Well, if you'd like a tidbit of information about each Hawaiian island, you
are invited to visit my islands webpage at:
~ http://hawaii.home.att.net/ where you'll find no advertising, no pop-ups,
no cookies and nothing for sale. If you're looking for seclusion, Hana in
East Maui, Kauai, Lanai and Molokai are the best bet. Bon Voyage and
blessings to your new arrival. KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website view over 3,600 live cameras or
visit NASA, the Vatican, the Smithsonian, the Louvre, CIA, FBI, and

Old March 2nd, 2007, 03:46 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Hunt

In article . com,
says...

My wife and I are expecting our first child in June and thought we'd
get in one last kidless trip in to Hawaii. The question is, which
island? We've been to Maui many times and love it, but the last trip
left me with a bit of "been there, done that." Off the top of my
head, we'd probably be most interested in:

=B7 Snorkeling
=B7 Sightseeing (no strenuous hikes)
=B7 Laying on gorgeous beaches

Because she's expecting, she can't drink, so nightlife is not a real
concern. Nor can she scuba dive or surf or any number of strenuous
things...

With all this in mind, does one island pop to the top of the list?
And if so, any suggestions on where to stay? We're not ruling out
Maui entirely, but if there's another island we simply must see...

Many thanks.

-Fleemo

All of the Islands, and sides-of-islands, can be great, and memorable. I've
had wonderful experiences on all of the Islands and can recommend any of them.
One recent stay (Kaua`i, North Shore, Honolulu), my wife was struck with the
Turtle Bay Resort, North Shore. Snorkling is a bit limited, as the surf is
usually up, but it was great. Also, the dining scene has really picked up
recently. For shear dining pleasure, Honolulu cannot be beaten, and there are
some very nice beaches near-by. Lana`i is wonderful, and a world-away. I still
cherish the week spent there. I've enjoyed Mau`i, but we usually golf, hike
(West Mauis) and drive around to Hana and beyond. Kaua`i is very relaxed, and
Poipu Beach Area has some good snorkling. Big Island offers a ton of exciting
activities, and a week in Hilo (hey, the rain is "romantic") is worth the
experience. Kona is wonderful and dry - usually. Again, we golf, dine and
drive, so there are probably a ton of things that we've missed there. In all -
just pick one. Choose which "side" you want to explore and enjoy.

In 25 years of traveling to Hawai`i, we've probably only spent 45 minutes
"sitting on a beach." Now, last trip, we DID spend hours on our lawn chairs,
watching the turtles at Turtle Bay, so that's close.

Hunt