bullet-riddled corpse tours of Europe

Old May 21st, 2008, 11:42 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.arts.books
Jack Campin - bogus address

Default bullet-riddled corpse tours of Europe

I'm curious to know which European cities have a contemporary series
of crime novels associated with them.

Edinburgh - Ian Rankin, Quintin Jardine, Paul Johnston, Kate Atkinson
Glasgow - Denise Mina
Venice - Donna Leon
Sarajevo - Dan Fesperman
Barcelona - Manuel Vasquez Montalban
Istanbul - Barbara Nadel
Ystad - Henning Mankell
London - Minette Walters

There must be lots of others.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
Old May 22nd, 2008, 03:32 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
irwell

On Wed, 21 May 2008 23:42:51 +0100, Jack Campin - bogus address
wrote:

I'm curious to know which European cities have a contemporary series
of crime novels associated with them.

Edinburgh - Ian Rankin, Quintin Jardine, Paul Johnston, Kate Atkinson
Glasgow - Denise Mina
Venice - Donna Leon
Sarajevo - Dan Fesperman
Barcelona - Manuel Vasquez Montalban
Istanbul - Barbara Nadel
Ystad - Henning Mankell
London - Minette Walters

There must be lots of others.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====

Paris-Murder in the Marais by Cara Black.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 05:44 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.arts.books
JuanElorza[_4_]

On Wed, 21 May 2008 23:42:51 +0100, Jack Campin - bogus address wroteÂ*:

I'm curious to know which European cities have a contemporary series of
crime novels associated with them.

Edinburgh - Ian Rankin, Quintin Jardine, Paul Johnston, Kate Atkinson
Glasgow - Denise Mina
Venice - Donna Leon
Sarajevo - Dan Fesperman
Barcelona - Manuel Vasquez Montalban
Istanbul - Barbara Nadel
Ystad - Henning Mankell
London - Minette Walters

There must be lots of others.

Yes read here
http://www.agathachristiegame.com/motoe/

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k ===
http://www.campin.me.uk ==== Jack Campin, 11 Third St, Newtongrange
EH22 4PU, Scotland == mob 07800 739 557 CD-ROMs and free stuff:
Scottish music, food intolerance, and Mac logic fonts

Old May 22nd, 2008, 06:32 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.arts.books
Carole Allen[_1_]

wrote:

I'm curious to know which European cities have a contemporary series
of crime novels associated with them.

Edinburgh - Ian Rankin, Quintin Jardine, Paul Johnston, Kate Atkinson
Glasgow - Denise Mina
Venice - Donna Leon
Sarajevo - Dan Fesperman
Barcelona - Manuel Vasquez Montalban
Istanbul - Barbara Nadel
Ystad - Henning Mankell
London - Minette Walters

There must be lots of others.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====

Just a few:
Sicily - Camilleri, Andrea
Various Italy cities - Dibdin, Michael
Florence - Nabb, Magdalena
Various Italy cities - Elkins, Aaron
Various Italy ities - Hewson, David
Rome and Florence - Hellenga, Robert
Rome, Florence, Verona, Lake Garda - Holme, Timothy
Venice, Florence - Inchbald, Peter
London/England - James, P.D.

I actually have a list I have been working my way through for sebveral
years (some are har dot find!) of mysteries set in Italy...the
Poisoned Pen Bookstore in AZ used to have a list of mysteries set in
different cities, but I see their website has changed and that has now
disappeared...too bad, becuase when I finished Italy I was going to
move onto other countries!

Old May 22nd, 2008, 06:51 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.arts.books
Carole Allen[_1_]

http://italian-mysteries.com/
Old May 22nd, 2008, 09:37 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.arts.books
grusl

On May 22, 3:42*am, Jack Campin - bogus address
wrote:
I'm curious to know which European cities have a contemporary series
of crime novels associated with them.

Edinburgh - Ian Rankin, Quintin Jardine, Paul Johnston, Kate Atkinson
Glasgow - Denise Mina
Venice - Donna Leon
Sarajevo - Dan Fesperman
Barcelona - Manuel Vasquez Montalban
Istanbul - Barbara Nadel
Ystad - Henning Mankell
London - Minette Walters

There must be lots of others.

http://www.eurocrime.co.uk/ might be a good resource.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old May 22nd, 2008, 09:37 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.arts.books
M J Carley

In the referenced article, Jack Campin - bogus address writes:
I'm curious to know which European cities have a contemporary series
of crime novels associated with them.

Edinburgh - Ian Rankin, Quintin Jardine, Paul Johnston, Kate Atkinson
Glasgow - Denise Mina
Venice - Donna Leon
Sarajevo - Dan Fesperman
Barcelona - Manuel Vasquez Montalban
Istanbul - Barbara Nadel
Ystad - Henning Mankell
London - Minette Walters

Dublin - Benjamin Black (John Banville)
--
Differenza fra il rivoluzionaro e il cialtrone. Il rivoluzionario
rompe l'orologio e invece di presentarsi alle nove si presenta alle
Old May 22nd, 2008, 12:25 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.arts.books
congokid

In article , Jack
Campin - bogus address writes
I'm curious to know which European cities have a contemporary series
of crime novels associated with them.

Edinburgh - Ian Rankin, Quintin Jardine, Paul Johnston, Kate Atkinson
Glasgow - Denise Mina
Venice - Donna Leon
Sarajevo - Dan Fesperman
Barcelona - Manuel Vasquez Montalban
Istanbul - Barbara Nadel
Ystad - Henning Mankell
London - Minette Walters

There must be lots of others.

Brighton - Peter James
Oxford - Colin Dexter
--
congokid
Eating out in London? Read my tips...
Old May 22nd, 2008, 06:03 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.arts.books
ALAN HARRISON[_2_]

"Jack Campin - bogus address" wrote in message
I'm curious to know which European cities have a contemporary series
of crime novels associated with them.

Edinburgh - Ian Rankin, Quintin Jardine, Paul Johnston, Kate Atkinson
Glasgow - Denise Mina
Venice - Donna Leon
Sarajevo - Dan Fesperman
Barcelona - Manuel Vasquez Montalban
Istanbul - Barbara Nadel
Ystad - Henning Mankell
London - Minette Walters

There must be lots of others.

Porto Empedocle (Vigata), Sicily, Andrea Camilleri's Montalbano series, so
popular that the town council has added the fictional name of Vigata to the
real name.
Rome, 2000 years ago, Lindsey Davis's Falco series

Alan Harrison

Old May 22nd, 2008, 06:12 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.arts.books
Giovanni Drogo

On Thu, 22 May 2008, ALAN HARRISON wrote:

Porto Empedocle (Vigata), Sicily, Andrea Camilleri's Montalbano series, so

Is that popular outside Italy ? The books or the TV series ?
I thought it should be quite difficult to translate !

(personally I haven't read much of Camilleri, and don't quite like the
mockup italo-sicilian he writes into. However I like Zingaretti's TV
series, which renders the language in a nice way ... but should still be
difficult to translate ... specially Catarella :-) )

is a newsreading account used by more persons to