Expedition cruise ship aground in Antarctica

Old February 3rd, 2011, 02:22 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Janet Wilder

Default Expedition cruise ship aground in Antarctica

On 2/1/2011 10:43 PM, Tom K wrote:
On 2/1/11 10:24 PM, Charles wrote:
Janet wrote:

Just a few more reasons to keep me from going. :-)

We are starting to concentrate on our river cruise in Russia in less
than 5 months.

Russia is a lot higher on my list than Antarctica.

Russia, St. Petersburg? Or Russia River cruise?

--Tom

Volga River cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg on completely rebuilt
Amakatarina. Very excited.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Old February 3rd, 2011, 02:23 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Janet Wilder

On 2/2/2011 1:37 PM, Charles wrote:
Tom wrote:

Russia, St. Petersburg? Or Russia River cruise?

St. Petersburg for sure like from a Baltic's cruise but I would like to see
Moscow too. So maybe a river cruise would be better. I have not read any
reviews of the Russia River cruises. I hope Janet posts a trip report when
she returns from her cruise.

I will most certainly try. I'm supposed to do one on CC, too. I keep a
travel diary on my netbook when we travel.

Old February 3rd, 2011, 11:20 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

Janet wrote:

Just a few more reasons to keep me from going. :-)

We are starting to concentrate on our river cruise in Russia in less
than 5 months.

Russia is a lot higher on my list than Antarctica.

Russia, St. Petersburg? Or Russia River cruise?

--Tom

Volga River cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg on completely rebuilt
Amakatarina. Very excited.

Baltic Cruise from Amsterdam to Copenhagen, St. Petersburg, Stockholm,
Oslo, Tallinn, Helsinki not to shabby either.

If you haven't done that one... good on to put on the list too.

Old February 3rd, 2011, 08:10 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Janet Wilder

Janet wrote:

Just a few more reasons to keep me from going. :-)

We are starting to concentrate on our river cruise in Russia in less
than 5 months.

Russia is a lot higher on my list than Antarctica.

Russia, St. Petersburg? Or Russia River cruise?

--Tom

Volga River cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg on completely rebuilt
Amakatarina. Very excited.

Baltic Cruise from Amsterdam to Copenhagen, St. Petersburg, Stockholm,
Oslo, Tallinn, Helsinki not to shabby either.

If you haven't done that one... good on to put on the list too.

It already is. DH wants to go to Scandinavia.

Old February 11th, 2011, 02:59 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jo Tambornino Chayer

Tom, I believe you did a private tour in St. Petersburg and wonder if you
ever published a review of that trip?
I am going on the Oceania Insignia 25 July 2011 and we will be in STP for
three days....could you give me a heads up on some of the things you would
recommend.

Did you also do Berlin from Warnemunde?
Thanks

Old February 12th, 2011, 12:07 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Janet Wilder

Janet wrote:

Just a few more reasons to keep me from going. :-)

We are starting to concentrate on our river cruise in Russia in less
than 5 months.

Russia is a lot higher on my list than Antarctica.

Russia, St. Petersburg? Or Russia River cruise?

River cruise. Moscow to St. Petersburg on the Volga on brand newly
re-constructed from hull up Amakatarina.