Hotels in Tokyo - help

Old January 13th, 2005, 06:18 PM
PeterL

"Dee" wrote in message

"PeterL" wrote in message

"Dee" wrote in message
I'm having trouble finding a hotel (online) for Tokyo. We'll be

travelling
as 2 adults and 2 kids (4 and 2 years) but can't seem to find a hotel

which
can accommodate us as a family. Any ideas? Recommendations?
TIA

Are you talking about a specific price range?

Dee

No not really. I have a budget of around £150 - £200 a night for the

hotel
but obviously will have to take a hit on hotel rating if I'm going to

have
to pay for 2 rooms. I've only ever stayed at the New Otani, Makuhari but
would like something more central for this trip.

Have you checked out asiahotels.com?

Dee

Old January 13th, 2005, 06:39 PM
John W.

Dee wrote:
"PeterL" wrote in message

"Dee" wrote in message
I'm having trouble finding a hotel (online) for Tokyo. We'll be

travelling
as 2 adults and 2 kids (4 and 2 years) but can't seem to find a

hotel
which
can accommodate us as a family. Any ideas? Recommendations?
TIA

Are you talking about a specific price range?

Dee

No not really. I have a budget of around =A3150 - =A3200 a night for

the hotel
but obviously will have to take a hit on hotel rating if I'm going

to have
to pay for 2 rooms. I've only ever stayed at the New Otani, Makuhari

but
would like something more central for this trip.

Tokyo Hilton? Might be a bit pricey, but in Shinjuku (not sure how you
define Central). There's also the Crowne Plaza which is slightly
cheaper.

If you don't get much response here you might go to Yahoo! Travel to
get some ideas.

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-1915...els-i-sort-pop

I've stayed in Tokyo but always on business and always alone so I can't
help much on family stuff; most of my knowledge is about the Kansai
region (specifically Himeji, Kobe, and Osaka.)

John W.

Old January 14th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Plad

You will have trouble in a western style hotel if you want 4 in one room.
Why dont you stay in a Ryokan. Its not too expensive and you can easily be
accomodated.Try these:
http://www.japaneseguesthouses.com/index.htm
http://www.ryokan.or.jp/

Mark

Old January 14th, 2005, 06:35 PM
RobBeer

How about an appartment? It would be at the top end of your budget if
you stayed for a week at The Mansions, Roppongi. Y266,000 on the 2B
with two bedrooms. Azabu Towers says it caters for families, although
the second bedroom at these only has a single bed in your price range,
maybe you can contact them to see if they can supply a cot:

http://www.themansions.jp/

Check other places on this site:

http://www.biz-stay.com/home.cfm?page=city&cityid=906

You could also look at Tokyo Dome Hotel, they have twin rooms with what
looks like two queen size beds or triple with three queen size beds
that would be in your budget:

http://www.tokyodome-hotels.co.jp/e/...ion/rates.html

This hotel offers an extra bed in the room for Y4200 and a baby crib
for free. This hotel is in a great area, next to the baseball stadium
and amusement park and very close to a JR station. Make sure you check
out their promotional rates page, they have some good deals.

Rob