Macy's NY

Old November 10th, 2004, 08:27 PM
Brian K

On 11/10/2004 1:33 AM J-Man performed amanuensis:

"Zinzan" wrote in message
.. .

Le 08 Nov 2004 15:48:12 GMT, OSPAM (JamesStep) a
écrit :

Is there a reason why the denim needs to be from
New York? I would assume that denim clothing is
widely available from many retail and mail-order
stores in both the U.S. and Europe.

It's a present thing, and for some reason I would prefer it'd come
from a NYC store.

Macy's is a nationwide chain, owned by Federated Department Stores, which is
headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. Not exactly a "NYC store." If you do
mail order, it wouldn't come from NY anyway.

Is Bergdorff-Goodman's still around? While definitely upscale, I have
always considered it a New York store. I've never seen any in shopping
malls. On the other end of the spectrum are the retro "previously
owned" clothes stores in the East & West Village. They come and go,
with names like "Cheepy Andy's", "Antique Boutique", "Nearly New", and
so on. These are definatly not chain stores. Maybe that's not you cup
of tea. McNulty's Teas & Coffees on Christopher Street may be if still
located there. I don't always get to these parts of town on a regular
basis. Of the larger stores, you may want to check out Bloomingdales,
Barney's - New York.

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.

Old November 12th, 2004, 03:41 AM
slamdunka

what exactly do you mean by this? the OP isnt in New York right?

.................................................. .................................................
"Pan" wrote in message
On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 10:36:01 +0100, Zinzan wrote:

I just checked on Macy's web site and they do not ship overseas. Do
you know any NYC store that sell clothes (denims) and would ship to
Europe ?

Beats me. But failing that, why don't you buy the clothes, have the
stores box them, tape the boxes, and mail them to yourself from the
Post Office?

Michael

If you would like to send a private email to me, please take out the
TRASH, so to speak. Please do not email me something which you also
posted.

Old November 13th, 2004, 01:23 AM
Pan

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 11:41:37 +0800, "slamdunka" wrote:

what exactly do you mean by this? the OP isnt in New York right?

I was under the misimpression that he was going to visit New York. It
would have never occurred to me that someone would want to order
something from Macy's through international mail.