Guangzhou (Baiyun Airport) Hotels and Transport to Kowloon

Old March 23rd, 2009, 11:08 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Sharkbait

Default Guangzhou (Baiyun Airport) Hotels and Transport to Kowloon

We are traveling from Guilin to Hong Kong via Guangzhou, saving well over
$250 that it would cost to land at HKIA. We will incur the cost of a hotel
in Guangzhou and trip overland to HK, where we need to stay one additional
evening in Kowloon. What are the least expensive options for a hotel
located close to Baiyun Airport and then onward travel to Kowloon.

It might be worthwhile mentioning that we are a party of six, which might
lend itself to overland travel by minivan but not sure if this beats the bus
or the train, where we would most likely incur another transport charge to
the bus or train station. The ideal situation would be free pickup from the
airport to our hotel the evening we fly into Guangzhou and then transport
directly from the hotel to Kowloon the next day. What would a minivan for
six passengers cost from Guangzhou to Kowloon? Thanks in advance of any
recommendations.

rg

Old March 24th, 2009, 09:03 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
PeterL

On Mar 23, 4:08*pm, "Sharkbait" wrote:
[...]

Your best option is to take a bus from the airport to Kowloon. I
don't know what time you arrive but there are plenty of bus options.
Those buses are very comfortable. If you get to Guangzhou early
enough you don't need to stay overnight. Another option is to fly to
Shenzhen, even closer than Guangzhou to Kowloon.
Old March 25th, 2009, 01:12 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Sharkbait

Peter L wrote;

"Your best option is to take a bus from the airport to Kowloon. I
don't know what time you arrive but there are plenty of bus options.
Those buses are very comfortable. If you get to Guangzhou early
enough you don't need to stay overnight. Another option is to fly to
Shenzhen, even closer than Guangzhou to Kowloon."

We are now booked to fly into CAN and arrive at 21:05, even if the flight is
on schedule. I wonder how late these buses run to Kowloon. At best, I
cannot see us arriving in Kowloon until well after midnight if not later.
If we had a much earlier flight, I would certainly entertain this option.

rg