When the fat lady sings...

Old July 27th, 2004, 09:24 PM
Runge

Default When the fat lady sings...

Nothing.
Hard luck !

Todd wrote:
I had my first experience sitting next to a person of size the other
day. She had the middle seat, and she leaked over into my window
seat. If I sat upright instead of leaning toward the window, I would
have been wedged under her right shoulder. What have you done in
similar situations?

Old July 27th, 2004, 10:03 PM
jenn

Runge wrote:
Nothing.
Hard luck !

Todd wrote:

I had my first experience sitting next to a person of size the other
day. She had the middle seat, and she leaked over into my window
seat. If I sat upright instead of leaning toward the window, I would
have been wedged under her right shoulder. What have you done in
similar situations?

my last experience like this the fat guy was already seated with the
armrest raised and occupying half of my aisle seat in a two side -- no
option but to be squeezed if there aren't other seats -- which is the
general case nowadays
Old July 28th, 2004, 02:47 AM
AC

Look on the bright side - in the event of an accident, you have your own
onboard air/blubber bag to help cushion the blow.

Did you complain?

om...

Old July 28th, 2004, 09:45 PM
Lazarus Long

Don't some carriers require a sufficiently large individual to buy two
seats?

Not to be insulting, but if one is large enough to occupy two at once,
then they should pay for two.

Old July 29th, 2004, 02:21 AM
Clint

If there's no other free seats left after take off, then you are stuck.
I've been there. Next time, book an aisle seat or better yet, go to
business class if you could afford it.

I don't know what is worse, getting stuck in your situation or sitting next
to some crying screaming baby for the entire flight.

Clint
--
Free Spirit Gallery - Exquisite Inuit (Eskimo) & Native American Indian Art
http://www.FreeSpiritGallery.ca

om...

Old July 29th, 2004, 02:21 AM
Really Me

Clint wrote:

If there's no other free seats left after take off, then you are stuck.
I've been there. Next time, book an aisle seat or better yet, go to
business class if you could afford it.

You aren't always stuck.
You can leave the flight.
If economy is full, you could ask for an upgrade.

Sometimes you might be stuck, but personally, I think the airline should
remove the person taking part of your seat space.

Old July 29th, 2004, 04:57 PM
dgs

Really Me wrote:
Clint wrote:

If there's no other free seats left after take off, then you are stuck.
I've been there. Next time, book an aisle seat or better yet, go to
business class if you could afford it.

You aren't always stuck.
You can leave the flight.
If economy is full, you could ask for an upgrade.

Sometimes you might be stuck, but personally, I think the airline should
remove the person taking part of your seat space.

I have a better idea.

If you rant and rave about sitting next to someone who's so obese -
and we're talking chronic obesity here - that they take up others' space
as well as their own, you only look like a jerk. The Blob can't help
it, so sorry, why are you picking on the poor thing, put yourself in
his/her shoes, blah blah, yadda yadda, and so on. Instead, ask for an
upgrade for your obese neighbor. "Would it be possible to upgrade my
neighbor for both his comfort and mine?" You look like a diplomat,
Chubbo gets moved, and if you're lucky, the seat next to you remains
empty. Win/win situation, no?
--
dgs